Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cartridges

Post Thanks / Like
    ohhh there is magic, when your fingers light up and your work shines from knowing the setup is right!

Post Thanks / Like
    the best thing to do is just try em, then you see the "magic" or you don't. but taking anyones word for it pro/no isn't going to instill that "magic" feeling. no matter what piece of equipment you use, you cant know if that is the one thing you wanted but just didn't know it until you give it a day in court. then you shine with it or you don't, wont mean anything to anyone but you, :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Like others are saying.. It REALLY is a personal preference thing..
    And personally I love carts.. T Techs don't run out more expensive, esp if you're all disposable.
    Ok why do I use them?
    1. Consistency (always the exact same set up every day, no variation of bending bars, rubber bands, etc.. always good ink flow etc)
    2. Convenience (quick changes between needle grouping, less machine set ups etc.. more space on work station)
    3. Quality (almost never find a duff one)
    4. Less waste (not only in the needle/cart realm, but also in not using multiple machine bags, cord covers, packaging etc)
    5. Time saving (setting up, changing over, cleaning up,)
    6. Coz they're cool as fuck!
    My 2 cents

4. Like gautam, cagelavey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there a video on here showing how to set them up? i truly have never laid eyes on these before and have no clue how to use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey im downloading a short lil video for you, I used my dslr camera to do it thow, and had it set on hd, and the only way I know how to put a vid on here is with the url, so in any event im uploading the vid to youtube so I can copy the url to the forum. is there a faster way to transfer the vid to the forum other than that? never did a video on here before, lol. any help would be appreciated because its taking like 157min this way, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    You can copy the link from YouTube, Brandon. And paste it here. Should work,no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I meant cagelavey. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use flitev2 with t-tech and the odd Che carts. It's cut my set up time by half if not more. When you are using them and you think 'hell I just need a 8 rd to fill in' 2 seconds and it out of the pack and you are tattooing easy. And it's no more cleaning grips n tips. And if you use t-tech you can replace the needles with any you like if needs be. I see it no more expensive than having normal needles. It saves me time so it pays for it self that way.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Like gautam, ATS, DougHardy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good video! You hit the nail on the head, one cannot really know unless one tries... last year I went on a "rotary bonanza" and purchased a shitload of different machines. Stylus, Thunder, Halo, Ego v.1, Kubin MC2, Kubin Max, Kubin Sidewinder, Inkjecta Flite 2.1, D20, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting at this time. In the end, I actually thought each had it's good and bad points (and by bad I honestly just think it was a total personal preference thing), but I came down to mostly using the Inkjectas for cartridges and the Kubins for traditional needle bars. I also STILL use lots of my coil machines (and purchase some, my most recent being one of Seth's v.2 Wiener Dogs) and think knowing what is out there and seeing what they are like is a huge benefit.
    For example, the Thunder was one of the first rotaries I tried, and I have to say that it worked great, and I could definitely tattoo long periods of time without my wrists and hands getting tired. But there was something that just didn't click with me. In the end, it's not the arrow, but the Indian. Don't just scoff at something because you haven't tried it.
    Meanwhile, I've actually loaned my Inkjectas to a few friends locally who wanted to check them out and they have been sold on them. No I'm not going to mail anyone any of my machines to loan haha.

13. Like cagelavey liked this post.