Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridges

Post Thanks / Like

Cartridges

Since i have never used or seen these things, can someone give me a
    rundown on why they are worth the money and what makes them better
    than traditional needle and tubes? It seems to me as another created market just
    to make the cost of tattooing rise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use them also , i'm staying with my Old school stainless steel tubes and tips . I have allot of them! Maybe cards are more easy on conventions. And travelling.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love them but they are an expensive habit. I love how the needle perfectly fits the tube with no play or ink flow issues. I love the consistency of them. I love being able to complete an entire tattoo with just one machine, quickly switching between needle groupings. And yes I love them for conventions. But I don't love the cost, plus the customs fees I get hit with from being in the uk, so I do try to only use them for larger work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think they are much more expensive than high end quality needles, 22-27.00 a box? but they are laser straight, no wobble, always set flush in the tip, so consistent, and being able to go from liner to mag, to liner, to mag with the flick of the wrist without multiple set-ups is worth it all by its self. for those who like em, they get it, for those who don't, just don't. its nice to have the option though, and I think its just a natural progression into the rotary world. I honestly haven't seen a single draw back to using them, only advantage in abundance. jmho

Post Thanks / Like
    None of my favorite famous tattoo artists I like use them, and they are doing just fine. To me it's all hype. Look at Victor Portugal...the man can tattoo circles around any of us and he uses about 5-6 different traditional set-up coils. The machines don't make the artist, so why waste the money? To look cool I guess. If someone is seriously gonna sit here and say switching a cartridge out from a 7 liner, to a 15 curved mag, then to a 14 round shader is any faster than unplugging and replugging an RCA....they're out of their minds. MAYBE if they were close in price to needles/steel tubes that I use...I'd consider, but they are nowhere close to what I pay for needles. It's like the guys who say "Mithra needles are so much better than any other needles."

Shit....buy me a box of Element needles and I can do the same tattoo at the same speed with the same heal time for 1/2 the price of the Mithras. I'm over the hype of stuff like this and I'm not even 30 yet haha.
    Last edited by Heath; 08-10-2014 at 11:06 PM.

6. Like casey liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Setting up bagging and keeping 5-6 machines running for a tattoo most definitely takes way more time than having one Cheyenne machine set up and 7 carts. Spend 7 dollars on carts and make 500$-700$ for the tattoo.... seems like a small amount. Also you can tattoo for a half hour longer cause you're not trying to set up bag and maintain regular set ups. Carts aren't a hype thing for me they save me time and money.
    Last edited by asA; 08-11-2014 at 02:32 AM.

8. Like jasonadelinia liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    like I said not for everyone, and that's cool. but I never once said that they make you tattoo better, lol. and just as many player ass artist use carts as the ones who do not. its not a pissing contest, lol. but no matter the view, mine or any others, if it was all hype they would surely fade away at some point, and they certainly aren't showing any signs of slowing. I didn't start using carts because I thought that I would look cool, or to impress anyone. I test new equipment with an open unbiased mind and stick with what works for me, period. I could care less if anyone else used them. I like them for the reasons I stated nothing more. but to each is their own, I just continually try to evolve in technique, equipment, and experience. I wont look at any new equipment with any preconceived notions as to its worth until I know them to be unbeneficial from my own personal experience, others opinions influence my decisions very little, just my two cents

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been tattooing since 1978, of course I've used all types of things, T Techs I love em, simple as.

11. Like DougHardy, ATS, jasonadelinia, cagelavey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well so far it seems the consensus is they are smooth and flush with the tip,
    that you can switch between sizes with one machine instead of multiples. I havent yet
    heard the magic words that make want to invest in them yet.... Thanks guys!!!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    Well so far it seems the consensus is they are smooth and flush with the tip,
    that you can switch between sizes with one machine instead of multiples. I havent yet
    heard the magic words that make want to invest in them yet.... Thanks guys!!!!
    What "Magic" words do you refer to Brandon ? Now I am intrigued, I thaught there are no "Magic" things in tattooing only good praticality and application.