Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the sotar 20/20 or look for iwata micron ,they are so great and very smooth :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Try the sotar 20/20 or look for iwata micron ,they are so great and very smooth :-)
    Yeah I would love either one I am sure. I have a Rich on the way. It's another Japanese model like the Iwata. If I had my choice I would get a Paasche AB Turbo. Although the Sotar is pretty close. I will most likely get a Harder & Steenbeck next.

Post Thanks / Like
    I airbrush a lot an Amazon has a $400-$600 airbrush sotar 20/20 fine liner for $60-$100

Post Thanks / Like
    The paasche is not easy and dont work right with all inks, the sotar is very close.The harder is a very good to...but i like the sotar or iwata more for control and cleaning. I have a olympos MP ....they are like the micron from iwata and you get a second spray head with it- its a bit cheaper way to get a iwata micron. My best are sotar and iwata micron c with the valve

Post Thanks / Like
    It's fun to see how many people on here are in to airbrushing. I never thought I would take it up again.

I had a pair of Paasche Vs and an H, 20 years ago so naturally the AB Turbo was the dream back then. Besides nothing looks as cool.

Now I have my Rich ( same company as Richpen ) on the way and think it will make a good all a rounder. Eventually I will get something fine line but for the price ( Germany location ) Harder & Steenbeck is quite affordable. The Infinity series with a .15 needle is only about 100€. It seems a logical choice. Although I think a Sotar can be had for as little as 150€ - 175€

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome , ive never tried airbrush before id love to try it one day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Owisden

I do airbrushing too, and i really suggest you, if you are looking for THE airbrush, going for Iwatas. Its by far the best brand, and believe me, i tried almost all in the market. Specially if you like high detail, they are the best (and i am not sponsorized now by them, but still telling the true)

Your best "friends" if you like fine detail: Iwata Custom Micron CM-SB (0.18) and an "all arounder" the famous HP-CS (0.30)
    Into airbrushing is much more easy to find THE BEST tool IMO. Tattooing has tons of brands that can make you go crazy hahaha!
    Don´t leave it, apprenticeship curve can be hard, but you are not too far from one of the best airbrush teachers in the world, who lives in Holland but teaches all around the world, included your country. If you really want to improve your skills doing GIANT steps, i suggest you to assist to one of her workshops. Her name is Marissa Oosterlee.
    I strongly suggest to all the people not only learning by themselves, specially into this area.
    I do teaching too, but don´t have time enough to move to another countries.
    Keep on airbrushing and don´t leave it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes here the same , i have buy the famous paasche turbo ,Olympia,efbe,grafo,devillbis and a lot more but the really best from all that i love and easy to clean ( a big minus in the most Airbrush ... Some need more time to clean as Working ) was the iwata custom micron but the "b" and the "c" with a bigger cup :-) and i can brush fine Details like my paasche turbo !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe good to find more airbrush artists here

Sincerely working with microns it´s not neccesary big cup, paint mixes are almost always so tiny... and the best improvement of the side cup is that you handle it as close to the surface as you want, and the cup never disturbs you. Of course it´s not a big problem, i also have the CMC+ but... since i tried the side cup, it´s waiting for me on the desk.
    In the opposite side, with the side cup Iwata, you can´t use solvents (well, you can but you´re gonna damage the rubber ring sooner or later) while the other CMC´s have teflon ones and you can use solvents.
    But... i have at home solvent paint from HOK, that i don´t use any more (enough for two complete lifes XD) since acrilic airbrush paints moved to finer and better pigments, and you donñt need the fucking masks anymore, no health risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like this thread has had some life without me. Sorry I haven't been around here much as of late.

Since this post I have acquired a few more airbrushes. I am a bit against the Iwatas ( sorry I know everyone loves them ) as the originals were the Olympos even the custom micron was originally an Olympos design by my understanding.

I have three EFBE airbrushes on the way and I have acquired a few single actions such as the Thayer & Chandler vega 600. I love control and love details but I really love getting constant results. I am going to try and get a DeVillbiss, and a Hansa or Grafo next. I like to try different things. The Rich that I have is essentially the same as an Iwata HPC and I want to see what else is out there.

Darkness the AB Turbo from paasche has always been a model I have lusted for. I almost bought one recently.