Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne thunder cleaning?

So I had the misfortune of ink/water travelling back up into the drive of the machine the other day so I was wondering if anyone knows how to get that little cap off the front of the drive? Also how is it that this machine doesn't need lubing? It feels wrong not to! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read on here the Stylus guy fixes/alters Hawk machines. I'm sure he would have some insight. Otherwise I'd find a wrench to fit and use some kind of padding or rubber to keep from scratching it.
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    they say use a heat gun to loosen the lock tight that is on the threading then use a padded wrench as mentioned above, to not scratch the surface. maybe electrical tape wrapped around the plyers or something. not sure if there is an actual tool you could purchace to do so, but I would also be interested in taking this cap off my spirit, for the ability to clean randomly. so any insight into this would definitely be something I would love to see

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heat and a electrical tape wrapped Cresent wrench is the way to go. I've opened 2 without scratching um..

5. Like cagelavey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys, il give that a try, it's been really bugging me that the 'C' isn't straight too but that's just me being OCD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a sheet of the "rubberised plastic", you know the stuff old people use to open Jars..