Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

could t tech be the cause for back springs snapping?

hi
    over the past months i have almost totally switched between a classic needle
    & grip setup to using t tech cartridges and grips. simply for the speed between changing cartridges and using both coils and rotaries.
    since using the t tech grips and cartridges I've snapped 4 back springs. on two of my coil machines, both liners from tattoo me.
    before using t tech i never had this problem. now the simple solution would be to stop using them and go back to a normal set up, but after investing in many boxes of cartridges i want to solve the problem.
    i can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, could it be the pressure from pushing the cartridge has caused stress and snapped the back spring?
    as far i know I'm not running the machines too high they operate at 145HERTZ 6V ?
    i know this is a coil problem but any help or info would be appreciated.
    matt

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, probably, they say when using coils you have to up the spring gauge a bit, and change spring tension. never used with coils, but have heard some of this same stuff happening, got to make slight changes to set-up

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah that makes sense, thanks for the reply. ill search for some tougher back springs and see how they cope. hopefully that will solve it.

Post Thanks / Like
    How are you setting up your coils? You do need a stronger back spring and also need to tune it to compensate for the pressure of the elastic band. I've used a coil with ttech for about 9 months and had no problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I've been using the standard back springs that came from the manufacturer,(tattoome) which I've replaced, only to find they snap a week or two later. however in yesterdays case it snapped the very next day on a new machine. i adjusted the contact screws when using the t tech parts, and dropped the volts slightly, as my machines are build to run between 5-7v. so the machines tuned as far as i could tell, and puts in a lovely solid line no problem, no issues when tattooing, until the breaks. .. i can't help but feel it is a case of finding some thicker back springs, so far I've been replacing them with the same spring set. ill order some different springs and see how that works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I run carts on my Coils sometimes...I have never had a rear spring snap, tattoome machines run pretty hard, so replacing the rear spring with thicker gauge, means you will need to increase your voltage to compensate for this, you may also need to increase the gauge on your front, I am pretty sure tattoome run 20's, so you could try a 22/23 on the rear and keep the 20 upfront...You could check the length of your throw, and maybe shorten it if possible...The less volts you use the better...Is it tattoome spring stock you are using..? Try Frank@Wildangel, or lemme know the measurements , and I will cut you a few, I always cut my own Springs..Video showing one of my rebuilds running carts..

7. Thanks mattstopps thanked for this post.
    Like mattstopps liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CARTRIDGE they not for coils, machines never gonna run good, and get hot like hell easy,

SKINMECH, show how many AMPERE gonna absorb your machine with the cartridge, and let me see at how many volts u can pull a line with 9 needles

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH I FORGOT,trow up this chinese cart, and use T-TECH or CHEYENNE, becouse is what the people use about CART, that have more resistence on the push needles back, and show how many ampere absorb the machines please

Post Thanks / Like
    When I run Carts I use t-tech, I use the Chinese ones when uploading a video, as they are a lot cheaper...If I remember, I will get a video of it running showing amps,but, I also need to use a different p/s...Maybe my farnell,LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    id try some 18 gauge springs top and bottom