Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    at no iron machines

ive been to germany , to faulhabers main plant , wich is ni accesible to normal public , the 9volt is special ordered , i can have those to ... no problem they just dont sell them because of the standard 3 6 12 volt lines they usually sell ....

at Hellraiser ...

dont switch out the motor , you will be sorry if u do
    way less power and speed then the one in your halo ...

at Cage ; its all about the flywheel

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok cool.....

when i done my first ROTARY, i use MAXON A-MAX 110123, 22 mm diamter 15 volt, cost about 45 euro something like that that i remeber well, stupid motor, i think MAXON was very good but no way

i test the machine like this, put needlestube rubber bands, and make the machines run costantly at 12 volt (motor was 15 v) and like this the motor absorb 0.18/0.20 ampere, mush less than what they say on the specific,

well after 3 hours approximatly the shaft of the motor come out, broke, i try 4 time consecutive with 4 new motor, all broke in this way, i contact MAXON becouse i cant belive that a SWISS motor broke like this after 3 hours, any 1 dollar chinese motor cant broke after 3 hours consecutive and a SWISS motor broke, and i always get some strange reply from them, and never ever they replace me the motors, so i stop use MAXON

Post Thanks / Like
    HEy jack, the DRAGONFLY have the 12 volt motor of this serie ???

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey man ,

as far as the shaft breaking ..
    the Amax is a cheaper made version of the RE max ones ...
    that being said, the shaft i use is 1.5mm ... the one u had was a 2mm shaft, that should be stronger ....
    ive had a shaft come out once , on a faulhaber motor ... the problem there was a badly balanced flywheel ... not the motor
    updated all this and voila ... havent had a motor fail on me , since may ive sold about 178+ Rotator mk3 using the remax , everyone loves it , and ive been using that motor since 2012 , and no problems ...

so my guess is that you should check that problem , and ofcourse u dont get a new motor if you are the reason it breaks ...

cheerio

jack

Post Thanks / Like
    45 euro each u call them CHEAP VERSION ?????? they all broke after 3 hours of consecutive work, at much less stress that what they sale, this motor have some problem on the concept, maybe the RE MAX u use is different, but this one was stupid the shaft inside is just block in a stupid PLASTIC WHEEL with some glue, after 3 hours, get little bit hot and the shaft come out from PLASTIC, and i still repeat the motor on use at 12 volts absorb 0.18-0.2 ampere, suppose is made for absorb more ampere without problem,

check the specific of that motor and u see,

Post Thanks / Like
    NOMINAL CURRENT the MAXON say 0.465 AMPERE, so that this motor broke at 0.2 AMPERE, have something wrong, is not my fault man,

in ITALY have the DISTRIBUTOR of MAXON, but is a stupid office, theres not some engeneer there or some specific people, no stock nothing, bullshit , everytime u order to them,, they order from SWISS and u waith they ship to u, i can do this myself so, don need a stupid DISTRIBUTOR that don know the difference between AMPERE and VOLTS

and for the motor broke, they say they need send to the SWISS FACTORY and engeneer check, and many things , i don like this service,sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna stay out of this one, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    have some builder use this MAXON A-MAX, but for sure they never done some serious test on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Steel View Post
    at no iron machines

ive been to germany , to faulhabers main plant , wich is ni accesible to normal public , the 9volt is special ordered , i can have those to ... no problem they just dont sell them because of the standard 3 6 12 volt lines they usually sell ....

at Hellraiser ...

dont switch out the motor , you will be sorry if u do
    way less power and speed then the one in your halo ...

at Cage ; its all about the flywheel
    No I was just saying if you wanted to see a comparison between the motors... In my hawk I've got a halo motor because gaston sold me one to replace my hawk motor when it went. As it was cheaper to get one from gaston and shipped to the uk than getting one from Maxton in the uk....

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a hawk thunder or spirit?