Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne thunde motor

HEY GUYS, some of u know exactly what motor the THUNDER use ? BRAND and MODEL

that we think that this machine is born for CARTRIDGE suppose this gonna be the best MOTOR for use for a CART machine

that someone know and post gonna be cool, thanx guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering this myself, what motor is in the thunder? its got to be one of, if not the most powerful motor on the market

Post Thanks / Like
    When I converted mine to RCA, I'm pretty sure the motor was stamped "falhbauer"(however it's spelled ). Don't remember seeing a model number, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    must be FAULHABER becouse is GERMAN same as CHEYENNE, must be good motor for sure, maybe not the strong in the world but small and good for sure

on DIRECT DRIVE system, many motors become so good, becouse they don have STY UP SPRING and dont move anything, so the torque of the motor is direct, can work good

5. Like kbtat2 liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello No iron machines

as far as the motor in a thunder/spirit is the Faulhaber 1724rs9

this is rated for 9volt usage , thats why they have a limiter in the machines to stop u from overgoing 12volts
    as far as speed and power ....
    the ones i , gaston , and a few others use from maxon blasts these motors away

i have been using the faulhabers way back when i started , a good motor but not the fastest one out there.. dont get the 12volt version , its retarded.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Jack Steel, why does the thunder motor seem to have so much more power than the motor in my halo? not saying its a better motor or anything like that at all, I know that the maxons are the apex of quality motors for rotaries, and I know they have more than enough torque, etc. it just seems like the thunder is faster for some reason, in fact quite a few people claim it has too much? im just honestly wondering because I don't have the knowledge to support my claim, just talking from the way it feels to me, and you seem like you know whats up. by the way your new machines look awesome bro. any info would be appreciated, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say why one goes faster that the other is the fact that a thunder is a dd 4mm with a push bar where a halo has plunger to move before you get the power that takes some away from the motor making it feel slower. Just think if you replaced the halo motor with a thunder motor then see how fast it really is...

Post Thanks / Like
    good point hellraiser. id still like to know the comparative statistics, like torque vs, torque, cps vs cps, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY JACK STEEL, the 1724 dont have any 9 volt motor, 3-6-12-18-24, must be the 12 volts man

Post Thanks / Like
    on the CHEYENNE website, about THUNDER they say :

NOMINAL VOLTAGE - 6 to 12.5 V
    FREQUENCY PER SECOND- 70 to 170 HZ

170 HZ is more than 10200 rpm, is a lot , that motor 1724 don't arrive at this speed, we miss something here