Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    I run my thunder un-modded, with the mono jack without a startup cable using t-tech and cx1-v2 critical ps and have absolutely no issues starting it at around 6v. I cant see the reason for the start-up cable unless it is a power supply issue? My ps starts the Cheyenne carts at around 8v (and I would never even use it below that voltage) with no problem either. So my thinking is certain power supplies have an issue starting the thunder at lower volts, right? But that is also what has me puzzled. See everyone says that the motor isn’t any stronger than the maxon 216000 and that its about it being dd as apposed to linear w/give, etc., that makes the difference in the feel of how it runs. That this is what somehow makes the power feel different. Then why is there an issue with certain ps starting the thunder at lower volts? When say the spektra direkt has no issues in the same regard, (that im aware of)? I genuinely am just curious and confused as to why the thunder has an issue starting at lower voltage, especially if it being a dd like the direkt, (which I use as example just because they are similar in function/motor) why there would be a difference if the motors are similar in torque, cps, etc., and are both dd machines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofeloner View Post
    Mod yer Cheyenne to RCA" It runs way way smoother with no jumpo fucko cable" get the Bishop rca cord..and yer fuckin set!!! The cord is light as fuck and isnt gonna brake easy,, and as the great Zohan would say,, the material is silky smooth,,it doesn't snag on anything , best rca cord I've ever used..
    Wow i never had a problem with my eikon and thunder, but i never used one witch rca, if bishop make the 90 degree version i buy it for the flite...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    I run my thunder un-modded, with the mono jack without a startup cable using t-tech and cx1-v2 critical ps and have absolutely no issues starting it at around 6v. I cant see the reason for the start-up cable unless it is a power supply issue? My ps starts the Cheyenne carts at around 8v (and I would never even use it below that voltage) with no problem either. So my thinking is certain power supplies have an issue starting the thunder at lower volts, right? But that is also what has me puzzled. See everyone says that the motor isn’t any stronger than the maxon 216000 and that its about it being dd as apposed to linear w/give, etc., that makes the difference in the feel of how it runs. That this is what somehow makes the power feel different. Then why is there an issue with certain ps starting the thunder at lower volts? When say the spektra direkt has no issues in the same regard, (that im aware of)? I genuinely am just curious and confused as to why the thunder has an issue starting at lower voltage, especially if it being a dd like the direkt, (which I use as example just because they are similar in function/motor) why there would be a difference if the motors are similar in torque, cps, etc., and are both dd machines?
    I think that Cheyenne did this all just to make an extra buck off us...made the machine so that people had to either pay extra for a magic cord, or you'd hafta purchase one of there power supplys...creepy business man tactics..

4. Like cagelavey, Jack Steel liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    right on the money !

6. Like cagelavey liked this post.