Thread: DD home

Post Thanks / Like

DD home

Hello All,
    I made a small direct drive. Simple for THE fun ... !
    on a wooden plank. I do not own a garage. Unfortunately .... or piece to work the metal. No tools. Just a drill, paper to sand ... the small material.
    The machine is ugly. this is true I'm okey with that ! I used material from fishing and some aluminum. Mabuchi Motor with 370 Nothing sansreel superb material but the machine works great and it is very quiet. Be the weight of 105grms ! FUN THE color with a cam bearing is 4.5mm ultra easy. Realy easy with one pass ....
    and the Liner that is nice too. I will make a second machine with a cam bearing 3mn for Liner. I think it will be boring because 4.5mm for Liner works well (the machine can do Liner and color easily, I'm not trying shading ...) but I have another cam bearing 3mm. I will try also with a second machine ! I'm not after 3 machines !
    without toolless it be difficult. Ungrateful ! frustrating ! The machine works very very well and I'm delighted. I did not buy the standard material (easy to assemble a machine!) but I preferred waste time. Work more ! modify elements of fishing ! Hand-cut aluminum. ECT .... to order parts and assemble them Standard with a nice engine. was not my goal. Too easy and uninteresting ....
    my machine is ugly but it works very well. and it is not standard equipment replacement Personal Satisfaction. I owned a DD uncle Roy. I can make the comparison.. I prefer my machine with the Mabuchi 370 motor. Uncle Roy DD is SOLD now !!!!!!!! I'm happy even if I had 60 hours to do it.
    RESPECT !

Post Thanks / Like
    Photos:

Post Thanks / Like
    end....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done man it's not ugly doesn't have to be glamor and glitz to do the job I enjoy making 95% of my machines.
    You make a machine and you can lay down some nice smooth ink with it well that's a awesome feeling hats off

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you DAZA !
    Yes ! quite agree with you sensation realize the machine alone for oneself be nice. Even without Tools after if the machine runs smooth it is beautiful ... of course if the machine malfunctioned, I toss and I do another but direct drive is not difficult to achieve with a minimum of tools and hours. she gets the color very easy in a single pass. This is great!
    I think the Mabuchi motor runs very well. The voltage is a bit high (about 9 volts) but it is quiet and regular. I think the engine is identical with Neotat first version?
    Low price ($30 for 5 motors on Ebay) and good consistency. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER daza.