Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any feedback on the Stigma Prodigy

I'm interested but it's a lot of money to drop between motor and machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one a few months back.. I also bought the adjustable cam.. Actually I had expected more from a machine that has that price tag.
    I never got the hang on it on b/g works.. Which was the reason I bought it in the first place.
    I bought it because I thought that you could set it to maximum give.. but you cant because it says in the instructions that it damages the motor to set it on a large give.
    Now I only line with it which works really well.. I have set it on pretty big stroke length and screwed the give-piston to the tightest.. So now it works pretty much like a DD..

Its a nice piece of machine.. Its very light weight.
    But paying what I did I thought that maybe they could have included an adjustable cam at least.
    Ill give it 7.5 on a 10 scale.

But then again.. Its just me.. Maybe it doesn't fit me the way I had expected. I'm thinking of buying a 10w motor just to what difference it makes.
    Winds of shit...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a great full length vid showing a full tiger back piece inked with only the prodigy. Shows blank n grey and color shading in semi slomo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuv1MMkRvk

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

4. Like AltarVinz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I own a few and only use the 10W motor. I fitted the long stroke cam and I tell you what. It goes in so easily...
    It took me a while to find the right settings but I love the long stroke and voltage wise I got anywhere between 6.5V-7v max for color packing.
    I dont use it for black and gray as i own other machines forvthat but for lining and colour packing or layering with the 10W motor it, s just
    A dream......

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Prodigy.I use it everyday with the 10W mottor.Always 15 round mag or bigger.
    More power,than what you need.I use it for BnG and colorpacking.7 volts and I'm just fine.So in my opinion,definately worth the money

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the Prodigy a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I only have the 10w motorbolt but I've got a 4.5 coming in the post. The 10w/Prodigy packs color like I don't even have words to describe. It slathers in white and yellow like it's loaded on with a paintbrush and hardly brings a fine bead of blood to the surface. It pops in so fast and clean that the skin doesn't even pink up. <3 <3 <3

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good machine but their 10w motor vibrates too much compared to a Spektra Halo, Spektra Edge, Dragonfly x2, Stingray x2, Etc... I was very disapointed buying the 10w motor with a Beast and a Amen. Lost 100 € on each selling them ( machine+motor ). Tried the prodigy of a coworker, same issue, it's just too much power even for 49 mags...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using my Prodigy for about 2 months now and I'm still blown away. I got the 4.5w motor bolt last month but don't even bother using it. The Prodigy/10w does it all. I have a fast hand so it works fine for soft blends and light shading and it is just magic packing in color. So clean and fast. What gets me is that I got the Amen around the same time, expecting to use it as a liner. The Prodigy lines so well that I don't even use my Amen.
    More amazing still, I've never changed anything from the medium excenterand it works for everything. It is the only machine that lines rubbery female rib skin as perfectly as it lines a shoulder...no struggle. Obviously, I am really happy with the Prodigy.