Thread: face and rose

Post Thanks / Like

face and rose

the face is done with shadowline grey wash the rose with fusion colours about 6 hours in total
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02304.jpg  

2. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would have had the face facing forward . Looks clean though

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the golden rules of tattooing, always face things towards the body. Now this guy is looking at the back of her head for the rest of his life & won't be able to easily see her face which was the point of the tattoo in the first place.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

5. Like hysobe liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely facing the wrong way. Even if the tattoo is done well our not, that just kills it, just to be honest

Post Thanks / Like
    The face is facing him when he is in prone position. It would be looking away if it were facing the other direction. It only looks odd because he is showing it with his arm up, making it face the ground. If you were behind the owner walking down the road, she would be looking AT him.

Post Thanks / Like
    No the picture is sideways and the face is facing his tricep. The hair is closest to his face. If you were walking behind him you would be getting stared at by his beautiful tattoo.

9. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys i get I've not followed protocol on this tattoo its part of a sleeve and the customer was more than happy with it facing out wards thanks for looking and comments all taken on board

Post Thanks / Like
    Aside from it facing the wrong way because we have established this the only thing I can say is there needs to be something around the rose. Background, leaves, etc. Solid tattoo

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks john i will put up more pictures when its done

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, wrong way and needs some hard black behind it to bring it forward and there is only greywash and one color red in the rose. i recommend at least 3 reds and black and white. Also, another shade lighter on the face blended out to nothing would make it smoother. It looks peppered. May go away with the heal, but it's always good to over exaggerate it so when it heals it will have enough tones. I go over my bng blends like 10 times starting with light. seems to help me anyway. and you can't beat a 23 or 29 bugpin curved for supersmooth lights. just suggestions. we all tattoo differently. check out the carl grace videos on youtube. he explains it well.