Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Using an RCA clip cord on a cheyenne Hawk?

Hello everyone i'm new to this forum, i've been using a bishop and dragonfly for now and i feel it's time to make the plunge and switch to carts!! my TTechs have already arrived i'm just waiting to order my spirit quite soon, i've done A LOT of reading about the hawks, seen the hawk in action so i know a fair bit about them.

for now i'm just ordering the spirit and the grip, running from my lab power supply for 2 months and in 2 months i will get a thunder to go with the spirit and the PU1 power supply so i have everything.

i wanted to ask a few questions, since i'm ordering a spirit and a grip what is actually supplied with the spirit? do any cables come with it when you buy it? there's so many different cable choices for the hawks on killerink/powerlinesupplies/barberDTS i'm literally confused as to what i actually need to run the machine.. i know i won't need a startup cable and i'm not getting a thunder and not bothering with the cheyenne carts so i doubt i'll need a bump

at the moment i have an evolution clip cord RCA i'm looking to hook this up with my hawk for a couple of months until i invest in the PU1 supply, and No i don't want to modify my hawk to RCA connection and void my warranty that's a no go

i've noticed the cheyenne has a 3.5mm female phono jack (the bit sticking out the hawk)

the end of the evolution RCA (or any RCA cable) looks like this (Male RCA connector)

i'm looking for a way to connect these (if that's even possible?) so i guess what i'm looking for is a female RCA to female 3.5mm phono jack if this would even work?

i mean i saw this on powerline (Cheyenne Hawk Adaptor Cable 3.5mm Cinch / RCA Cable) how would this even work? i guess this is not what i'm looking for as the connectors totally don't match.. as you can see below

Sorry for the long post would anyone be kind enough to tell me what i need to get a hawk spirit to just run from a normal power supply is my question in a more simple form? what would i need to actually order?

Thank you for looking

Post Thanks / Like
    or something like this is an option i guess if the hawk doesn't come with any cables?

not too fussed about not using my evolution cord just a way to connect to my current powersupply without buying lots of different cables

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Core-6...ref=pd_cp_ce_0

should do the job right? 1.8m long saves paying an overpriced 15£ when this one is like £3 and does the same thing.. just because things have tattoo they boost the price x5 it's crazy.

hopefully this would run nicely still with this cable i linked?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    u need the ORIGINAL CABLE from CHEYENNE, not RCA or other stuff, is a is a cable with 3.5 FEMALE PHONO JACK to connect on the MALE PHONO JACK back to your SPIRT or othe CHEYENNE MACHINE, that's all

that u wanna use RCA cable, u need remove the MALE PHONO JACK and REPLACE with RCA, have some people done, they post here on the forum how u need done, they even remove a strange LELCTRONIC CIRCUIT connect inside the machines and they run much better

start with the ORIGINAL cable and see that is ok for u like this

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    u need to take out the voltage maximizer
    and replace the jack with an rca
    good luck on the not scratching it

5. Like Machined Ink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It runs way way smoother when made RCA..

Post Thanks / Like
    appreciate the replies i think for now until i get my hands on a PU1 i'm going to use this normal cord

with a mono converter, like this.

should work fine.

will most likely change the male jack in the future to a female RCA connector so it's like any other machine, when i get the balls to take it apart and void my warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the converter plug route before rewiring mine to RCA. It does work. But can make the back end heavy enough to inadvertently twist the grip when you're working, making your depth and needle exposure all screwy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hysobe View Post
    appreciate the replies i think for now until i get my hands on a PU1 i'm going to use this normal cord

with a mono converter, like this.

should work fine.

will most likely change the male jack in the future to a female RCA connector so it's like any other machine, when i get the balls to take it apart and void my warranty.
    You will need the Cheyenne connector to enable using a standard ps, I tried various Maplin connectors to no avail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    You will need the Cheyenne connector to enable using a standard ps, I tried various Maplin connectors to no avail...
    http://www.barberdts.co.uk/cheyenne-...l#.VDwPA_nF_KM

what this one will connect it to a normal PS? literally so many cables it's ridiculous, i hate it when companies fuck around with things s you have to invest in more of their products, reminds me of Apple products..

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you ude the ttech needles you void your warranty right there, also the cheyennes run way better after the rca conversion, it removes the limiter and you will no longer need the cheyenne power supply for it to run the way its supossed to, ive fucked with them alot and noticed a deffinite difference in the variable.it seems like with the rca jack i can run it lower with more power, ive switched every one i have over now.