Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i also used the ego disposable hawk grips for a convention. and i also just ordered an adapter from tatsoul so i will be able to use conventional disposable cart grips on it as well. i'm waiting for more cart companies. and what's up with the edge @gaston? is it still in the works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Drevilatattoo, what did you think of the ego disposables for the hawk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InkTillYouDrop View Post
    Drevilatattoo, what did you think of the ego disposables for the hawk?
    They were NOT as comfy or as adequate as the hawk twits grips, but they were ok. It's harder to adjust the hang but even with the nut on them tight i could still twist if back and forth to change the hang. the worst part was changing carts. you have to have the plunger hang straight down or it will be a loud chattering sound. i used with ttechs and they were a little tight. very expensive too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always nice to hear of hands on opinions, thanks Dreviltattoo!
    I would love to use disposable tubes for carts, and really hopped the hawk flow were really good, i might have to consider getting eitheir a flite vice, or an adapter for the hawk in this case with disposable wrath, rpg, or the inkecta disposables.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the desposible rpg grips and like them although I'm not a big fan of the weight so I am giving the pro tubes from king pin a try like the weight a lot there is blow back from the needle packs so this whole wrapping in plastic and reusing tubes it out of the question for me the autoclave is the only way I would work with this system

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah totally agree, wrapping cheyenne grip is definitely not enought from MY point of view, and i prefer to be safe than sorry, and without an autoclave i wouldn't use it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InkTillYouDrop View Post
    Always nice to hear of hands on opinions, thanks Dreviltattoo!
    I would love to use disposable tubes for carts, and really hopped the hawk flow were really good, i might have to consider getting eitheir a flite vice, or an adapter for the hawk in this case with disposable wrath, rpg, or the inkecta disposables.
    the adapter is $20 from tatsoul. i have 4 grips and only do 1 tattoo a day so claving works for me but it's nice to have the option. i'm going to order the adapter so i can use the hawk grips on other machines. I really love them. i also have a flite and now i can use disposables on that too with the adapter but the hawk grip really is awesome. i think ink machines is making a twist click grip too now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but you guys are acting like women about this. Not you Drevil. Like Bizarro said, a topical sterilant will do just fine. You've taken blood born pathogens training I'll assume so you should know that this shit works just fine. It's used in hospitals. And like he said, if you don't like it, then autoclave them. A 20 minute cycle is no more time than getting a drawing prepped, stenciled and you set up. I have been using ONE just fine now for weeks but I also only tattoo one large piece a day. And I'm getting a few more soon just because I want to autoclave them. It's not complicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autoclaving is the only way to go..

Post Thanks / Like
    i did use to bag them and i had a stylus. honestly, i'm lazy and it's a pain in the ass and can get in the way of adjusting the hang. i just bag the machine and clave the grip. i've had no probs from claving and my manager does it. also, never had a ttech leak. Even if you only have 2 grips that should be fine unless you're a street shop artist doing 9 tattoos a day. If that's the case then just get the adapter for $20 bucks and use disposables. Other point of interest is what are you doing with the carts when switching? prob laying them down on your mess and then putting them back in. claving just makes sense. i believe cheyenne recommends a certain sonic solution because of the anodizing will discolor. I just keep it mild and only sonic for 2 minutes and that's after it has been wiped down with germicidal and rinsed. i haven't had any discolor either from the quick sonic or clave. i do wish i just bought all black ones though. I think you can sonic them normally. lastly, i use my own sonic. i have a separate one for my other artists that use steel tubes and get ink fucking everywhere. long 2 cents, sorry.