Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

question for Cheyenne users

Hi folks! Im just curious about these super pricey grips. Are artists buying multiple grips so that autoclaved ones can be used for each tattoo? I see alot of people covering the grip, and I've seen some big name tattooers use the same grip between different clients. Considering that cartridge tip inserts into the end of that grip, it stands to reason that no amount of tape and barrier film will completely isolate that grip from cross contamination. I owned a hawk before, and I def feel like those grips need to be autoclaved between uses, and that the grip is inadvertantly cross contaminated during the tattoo process, even if its covered well.( particularly the socket portion, which cannot be covered) I would like to hear other's opinions; do people feel that wrapping the grip is adequate or is an autoclaved grip the only way to go?

2. Like Vinoshitto liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have wondered this also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Randy englehard and all those guys swear by wrapping the grip up well enough and being careful of how you hande your carts that no contaminates can get into the grip this is what Cheyennes argument with t tech is cause of this membrane.. Keith ciaramello does the same then autoclaves it once a week.. Most people do a cold sterilising process with specific alcohols designs to kill certain things that may or may not be able to get into or on the grip.. I personally am on the fence like you its a question I have I guess it's more a moral dilemma I think

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many threads and postings about it !
    Just research !

Post Thanks / Like
    This question is why I chose the flite with the vice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Billannand, did you find a disposable grip that works with the flex bars ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by needlemaniak View Post
    Billannand, did you find a disposable grip that works with the flex bars ?

Hey man sorry my phone got wiped and I forgot about the other thread. Yes they do with the tatsoul ones for the vice. I have not had a chance to get a disposable rpg but I'm sure they would fit.

Until chyenne makes a disposable grip for the hawk or a steel one, I just can't do it due to the "just in case" factor. Most of my life has fallen into the wow that never happens. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bilannand !

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been autoclaving my Cheyenne grips after every tattoo for over a year now, with no issues, whatsoever.
    I'm a little confused as to why this issue keeps coming up. If you're not comfortable with a topical sterilant (which works and is what we use on everything that can't be autoclaved), toss them in the sterilizer for a cycle.

11. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have 4 and been claving mine everytime for over a yr as well. i only do one 4-10 hr session per day. I don't think bagging is really that adequate when you take the carts in and out. i use true tube grip covers and wipe down the grip with germicidale wipes. then sonic for only about 2 minutes to avoid losing the anodizing and then they get rinsed, bagged and claved. I'm wondering what the deal is going to be with the new Cheyenne Pen machine.