Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Underrated Machines?

Over the last few years, I've collected and tried quite a few rotaries. The ones I've kept, I try to keep in regular rotation. But some just don't get used as much.
    Yesterday I decided to break out my Swashdrive Whip and use it for the whole day. With T-Techs, it lined, shaded and colored like a lightweight little monster.
    I feel like everyone's familiar with these machines but they don't seem to get a lot of the hype or recognition that some of the newer (fancier) machines get.
    So, I'd like to know what machines you all consider underrated. Liners, shaders, all 'rounders that you feel don't get enough love.
    Cheers,
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an adjustable stroke swashdrive gen 8 that is the holy grail for me. I don't see them around much but it's brilliant. Quickly adjustable from 2mm to 4 if I had to guess. Adjustable hit and stroke on the fly. Add the weight and you got a whole different hit. Amazing. I asked Tony very nicely and he fortunately made one or me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the whip is an amazing little machine. Haven't tried it with carts yet.

4. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clint morrison View Post
    I have an adjustable stroke swashdrive gen 8 that is the holy grail for me. I don't see them around much but it's brilliant. Quickly adjustable from 2mm to 4 if I had to guess. Adjustable hit and stroke on the fly. Add the weight and you got a whole different hit. Amazing. I asked Tony very nicely and he fortunately made one or me.
    You had to ask him to make this for you??.I thought they allready made and sold gen8..?.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think they come With the adjustable stroke standard....but they might now. Anyways it's a great machine either way. But yeah I didn't think he made a gen 8 just for little old me haha

7. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    the gen 8 he has pictured has a stroke knob on the top, the regular gen 8s do not, that's what I think he is referring too

9. Like clint morrison liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Diablos are great little machines for the money for sure
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    Yeah the whip is an amazing little machine. Haven't tried it with carts yet.
    They work great with carts! Only have to up the volts a tiny bit.
    With the weight set and adjusting the give, you can get them to do just about anything. One of the more versatile machines out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Ego gets a little less cred than deserves. It's a versatile machine and one of the best small grouping liner rotaries out there. The Stigma Hyper V3 seems to get less love these days but that thing is one of the smoothest machines I've ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    The stylus H. Does awesome lines with 3 to 9 round groupings, and packs color like no one's business! I'd say it's underrated because people think the motor isn't strong enough, they couldn't be more wrong. it's a really nice versatile machine that really does it all.