Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan Kubin Sidewinder

Picked up this rad machine about two weeks ago. Spoke with dan, had a bit of trouble with the machine spitting, dialed it in a little, did a few tattoos, started spitting again. Retuned it about 3.5mm, pretty hard hit. No spitting after running a few lines on myself.
    Can't seem to get this thing to work for me. I spoke with dan about it, and he's a stand up dude. Was lining with my mc-14 for about three months before I finally had the cash to grab one.

Fairly discouraging. Seems like every tattoo I've done I've just blown out line after line, and I line pretty quickly. Anyone else have similar problems?

On the review side this machine could easily push a 25 liner with no problem what so ever. My technique is generally slightly angled lining (in the direction I'm lining). Push and pull lines, depending on the angle of the curve. Machine is very light, easy on the wrist, and I want to love it. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a severe spitting issue with mine as well. Definitely made nice solid lines at times, but it proved to be a very finicky machine for me. Almost seemed to be more sensitive to my tube and needle relationship. I typically hang my needles out far and run my tubes a TAD loose (maybe a 7rl needle in 7 - 9rl stainless tube). Now i mainly use carts. I typically don't run liners above a 9, so I just concluded it was a beautiful tool, but not the tool for my style.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have change to use only round tips and no diamant - round works better, the same with the rubbers -i notice 2 rubbers with 2cm diameter works better -is the rubber to soft its splitting ,its to hard its splitting too. On the old sidewinder i do a o-ring on the nipple and the grommet after the o-ring. So the needle is more forward and i use only medium soft grommets. All this helps to get a nice soft splitting free line

I notice that every sidewinder works best on a other stroke - my old one on 4mm ...my newer on 3,4mm. Is the stroke to big you get trouble or you change the volts -the same when its to small.
    But i think you need a other setup for yours. Use medium soft grommets , 2 soft rubberbands and round tips - you will see that helps and try different volts. My old is running best on 7,4v and my others between 5 and 6volts.
    With the sidewinder you have only to touch the skin with the needle - use only single pass ,i notice its blows most when i use a second pass -or i change to a softer machine or set the sidewinder softer for the second pass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I just need to find my speed with it for the single pass lines. Too slow and big fat line, too quick and a couple of weak spots. Thank you darkness I appreciate the words.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting,, for me, I noticed spitting after a month of use, as soon as I changed to a new grommit and started using diamond tipped tubes it stopped spitting..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    have three have no spitting issues. I tend to bend my tip down instead of the bar.. try that. I only use diamond tips.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I have four and use them religiously with no issues.. Slight needle bend one band and paper towel grommets

8. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had spitting. The best remedy for me was to add more rubber bands. I usually use two. Diamond tip tubes. A hard rubber grommet and replace after every session. This thing chews them up. I retuned it to hit soft without bogging down on my thumb. Somewhere between 3 - 3.5 mm stroke. Tighten up the two set screws after tuning. Run no faster than 6.3 V. That is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone use this machine for smaller groupings. Starting to think it may simply be geared for 9-14's which for some reason I thought I could line with just about any needle without problem.

11. Thanks Mick687 thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup I use it for my 3s and 5s
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more