Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rotary Portal

I hope this is the correct section of the boards to post this shameless plug!

The Rotary Portal is now open for business. Set up by myself and Brendan Mudd we are hoping to be a hub for the purchase of rotary tattoo machines and accessories.

We are currently stocking the ever popular Rotary Works machines and the highly underrated german Evolution machine. In the coming weeks we hope to add more big name builders so please keep us bookmarked!

Our gallery will be showcasing work carried out using our rotaries so please feel free to email high res photos and a link to your online portfolio and I will endeavour to upload them to the site.

http://www.therotaryportal.co.uk/
    http://www.therotaryportal.com

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, been wanting to see that evolution machine run, site looks good too.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Head, you can see more videos of the machine being used at out YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/therotaryportal.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just as an update, we now have some of Dales fantastic Rotary Works machines in stock.

5. Like Neo liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have had lots of visitors from this site so far, the German Evolutions are proving very popular and we are down to our last couple until the next shipment arrives. Get them while you can!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that front chuck nut made of nylon/plastic?
    also if the machine came with a slot in the screw were the needle bar goes i am sure these would sell even quicker also a top rca mod would be nice as the holes on the clipcord area are huge n sloppy-which makes for power flow problems, maybe these are some mods your shop could offer as a selling point,also a back machine cover would be cool.
    These are just some suggestions and what is holding me back from buying one.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right about the slot in the nipple screw, I have one of these machines and have done this myself with the Dremmel. You are also right about the binding posts, though I prefer clipcord, these are sloppy and do cause fluctuation when using the machine. It's a nice machine, but it could be a very good machine with a few inexspensive improvements. I hope the makers take these comments on board.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be fooled by how these machines look Slick, everyone who has bought one has ended up buying at least one more! They may not look like a dragonfly, but are a proper tool, and a quarter of the price.The clipcord doesn't flop around in the connections as the clipcord rests on top of the motor. The vice screw is plastic/nylon but grips the back stems securely and I use mine all day every day with no problems what so ever. If you check out the media page you can watch Brendan using them for some portraiture. Could you elaborate on a "slot in the nipple screw"?
    Thanks for checking the site and your comments!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deakon View Post
    Don't be fooled by how these machines look Slick, everyone who has bought one has ended up buying at least one more! They may not look like a dragonfly, but are a proper tool, and a quarter of the price.The clipcord doesn't flop around in the connections as the clipcord rests on top of the motor. The vice screw is plastic/nylon but grips the back stems securely and I use mine all day every day with no problems what so ever. If you check out the media page you can watch Brendan using them for some portraiture. Could you elaborate on a "slot in the nipple screw"?
    Thanks for checking the site and your comments!
    As it stands you snip off the eyelet of the needlebar you then feed it through to the hole in the nipple screw, trouble here is it can spin out of position easily by the needlegroup not locating to the back of the tube tip. I've seen the video where you can hold the needlegroup in place when you feed it through but I honestly don't think you should be touching the needlegroup. I took the nylon washer off the nipple screw and carefully cut down to the hole thus forming a slot,now I don't cut the eyelet off the bar,I feed it through the slot and then turn it the right way, keeping the eyelet in line with the sled has the needlegroup bang on,you can then adjust the length easily moving it back and forth without worrying about it twisting out of place. I could post some pictures tomorrow.

11. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice idea, and it doesn't damage the threads? I'll try it out. Thanks for the heads up.