Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

direct drive orbital????

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post here but been reading the info on this forum for a good while now, hopefully I'm posting in the right area. I've been wanting to try a direct drive orbital now for a while, read a lot of good reviews, the ones I have in mind are the old timer, wayne taylor or rotary works ddo, I use a rotaryworks slimline 6v everyday for lining, can't line as well with my 12v, seems to lack the punch of the 6v, but hoping for a good ddo for a back up liner and shader/colour machine as most reports suggest they do it all, just wondering what people's opinions/experiences are on these machines, drawn to the old timer and rotary works due the price in case I dont get on with them, any info really appreciated guys, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an old timer and loved it for shading and fine lining but the balance was kinda weird for me. I have a Darkside dd and an adjustable hm dd and love them. The hm is super versatile since the stroke is adjustable . Dan kubins dd's are sweet also I regret trading mine

Post Thanks / Like
    The HM is really powerful. I love mine and use it as a color packer almost everyday. The adjustable stroke is really nice too.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Wayne Taylor would fuck up any other dd in a street fight,, its a bad ass, fights dirty, no rules..

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my amoeba designs dd for everything. A cartridge tune and some ttechs and it is the only machine I use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys, heard great things about the wayne taylor but the price is quite steep if I don't get on with ddo, thinkin the old timer at the min, anyone else have experience with them or the new rotaryworks ddo?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ran all of the machines you have mentioned, I would go for the Old Timer, only saying...

Post Thanks / Like
    or

Post Thanks / Like
    These are very controllable DDO's, I actually preferred the Old Timer and the Wayne over the Spektra Direkt...As with all DDO Machines, handspeed, throw and volts need to be in sync...

Post Thanks / Like
    what volt settings are you guys using on the old timer .It kind of felt strange to me as its almost silent . Not really gave mine a good go ,I need to experiment with one of my regulars .