Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the Flite infos?

I see a lot of Flite support on this forum but I dont see a thread dedicated to the machine or any reviews on here. Can some users give some recommendations of their setups and what they are using them for? Ill add to this once I get the hang of it, on the inkjecta site it just says to run from 9-20 volts thats not very helpful lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I run mine with the 4mm cam and soft bar at 12-15v for most lining and solid color. And 3 mm with hard bar at 10-13v for color blending and b&g. Still playing around with the voltage, though.

3. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been trying different settings a lot of people prefer the 4mm with the soft bar. I tried that recently and when I go past 11 v the spring gets wobbly? Is the spring bad im assuming? Seems fine up to 10.9

Post Thanks / Like
    just to add my findings,,,ive always been and said I always would be a no give user,,,i tried all the hard settings for the flite at a range of volts but couldn't nail each task with one setup,,,so I packed it and shelved and switched back to my spirit,,,actually sold one of my flites thinking I would never need 2 and kept on eback just incase I ever wanted to try again with it,,,,,i decided to give it one more go a few days back and sell it to fund a thunder,,,then I had a moment lol,,,I asked myself just how much 'give' these bars actually do actually give,,,i mean ya can only really test it by pushing the inner part of the cart needle housing up I guess,,,and tried it first with the soft spring at 10v on 3.5mm cam,,,and I was a lil surprised it didn't give at all,,,so now im assuming the bars dont actually work like give on say a swashdrive whip or hyper v3 as standard give seeing the needle actually backing up,,but more of how hard it pushes the plunger on the cart,,,this could be totally wrong of course just a line of thinking,,,so with that in mind I kept that setup as it was 3.5,,soft bar,,10v,,,with about 2mm of needle out when running,,the results were amazing,,,it lined,,it packed,,,it shaded,,,0 trauma,,no redness,,no swelling,,,and it was serious fun!!! I did find my self slowing down a lil more than normal but seeing the results just made it better and more enjoyable,,,and for the bars flexin whilst running,,,put a band round it on the notches either side of the houing to steady it a little!!
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that makes sense I thought it didnt need rubber bands. Ive been using 4mm hardbar at 11 for most things works great, this was the first time I noticed any "wobbling"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's a given ya have to use bands mate...i do just for a bit more stability as yeah if the springs get a bit worn at higher volts they can completely misshapen when ya running them almost pop out sync....and I use a band for stabilising the rca aswell...The two hooks round the top of the cam housing...hook ya band in one side round ya rca and in the other side...If ya use a 90 rca cable!!! Try the soft or medium bar aswell but keep everything the same...and see how ya get on...defo was a game changer for me and I never liked any form of give...i think k.of it more as less force now lol
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a flite and sold it and then realized I liked it so I got another one and it showed up today. I used the hard bar at 11 volts for lining and at 9.6 for b&g worked like a champ. I took a lighter to the bullet on the end of the bar and slid the ball off a wrath plunger on it and used a wrath disposable tube. The only other thing you have to do is put one layer of masking tape around the plastic stabilizer so if fits in the wrath tube and doesn't make extra noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I've got 2 flitev2 and thats all I use. The set up is 2.5 soft bar, 11 volts. 3.5 hard bar, 11 to 12 volts. But as I was saying in another thread before I saw this one. What does the springs do? And where does the give comes from? If you set it up and run the machine and put you finger on the end of the cartridge there is no give it can't. The springs are already compressed so no movement. Plus to stop the soft bar from going out of shape I've found some isn't as true at the top so you need to twist them in the cam for the sweet spot. But i had a little play with a soft bar and made a true give bar with a true spring compression on the down stroke. It wasn't easy and resulted in making a bar from scratch from parts of other needle company. But i now have a true spring give in my soft bar.