Post Thanks / Like

Halo motor trouble?

So I recently switched to T-tech and have been using them with my Halo. I run it all through a Critical cx2-g2 and have been having some weird inconsistent amperage. The machine will slow down at times and then speed back up, and the amps on the cx2 will go from .15ish to .35ish...the higher the amps, the more the machine slows down... i tried using an eikon es300 and had the same inconsistency issues. I tried using a different RCA cord and had the saaaaame inconsistency issues.. So im thinking it has to be the motor on the Halo. The motor seems to heat up a bit too, which leads me to think theres something wrong with it. I was just curious if anyone else experienced similar problems before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Take the stay up spring out of the slide. You have that spring to return the needle to retracted state and the cartridge has something similar and your making your motor work twice as hard and it is warming up and running sluggish when it gets hot. If that don't fix it then contact gaston. His customer service is top notch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Message Gaston on here, he will take care of you.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    hah! it worked! thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear it's working out for you jvaughn1121. I never tried it with carts and never experienced that issue with regular needle bars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem with my halo, but I found it to be the rca connection, if the connection is not super snug that happens