Post Thanks / Like

Halo RCA trouble

I'm currently using the bishop RCA, which I love, but it just slips right off my halos RCA connection, the last two RCA I had did the same, they fit my other machines incl my direkt just fine. So I guess the fault is the halos RCA being a tad small.
    I currently pop a bit of tape around the lip of the connector on the cord, which just about works but the the inside gets all gummy from tape residue, any other ideas to remedy this?

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm.. don't have that trouble on my halo... maybe just use one specific rca cord for that one machine with a slightly crimped rca plug?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pair of pliers on the cable connection, Just to make it slightly oval, Had this on a few machines, Tends to sort it out
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I have done that on previous ones, (and knackered a few!)and works for a bit but cant really do this on the bishop one (which I love)plus then when its put on to another machine it bends back to normal shape. I was considering a spot of solder on the halos rca( but worried about melting plastic inside) or I spose replacing the rca on the motorbolt would be out of the question :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Try cutting up a piece of a coke can or similiar and make it into a split collet, Similar to a tube vice collet, it should be just enough to grip between em
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh cool that sounds like a good plan (once I figure out what a collet is think I get what you mean tho!
    . Just really trying to avoid having to have two cords on the go, less wires the better ! Thanks for the tip

7. Like Ta2GeezerUK liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing the rca on the motor bolt should be simple enough or you could try a few of these for snugness http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-Phono-...item2a1ec4583d