Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i own a thunder/spirit at the moment, it's an arse settings up two machines for each tattoo, thunder to line, spirit to shade..

i'm wondering if i set an Edge-X up with one grip could i very quickly change the stroke from 3.2 to 4.2 so when i want to switch between lining/shading it's easily done? if that's possible i may be sold on this item and say bye to my hawks (which i love!!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hysobe View Post
    i own a thunder/spirit at the moment, it's an arse settings up two machines for each tattoo, thunder to line, spirit to shade..

i'm wondering if i set an Edge-X up with one grip could i very quickly change the stroke from 3.2 to 4.2 so when i want to switch between lining/shading it's easily done? if that's possible i may be sold on this item and say bye to my hawks (which i love!!!)
    There's a video on youtube that shows you how the stroke is changed, there's also a video on there instagram,, its easy,,

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hysobe View Post

The EdgeX (adjustable give version) comes set at 3.5 mm from Factory. You can change the stroke from 2.8 - 4.2mm. Its really easy but you may not even need to do so. The 3.5mm should suit most artists for lining, shading and color. All you would have to adjust is the give. For lining close the give almost all the way in . For shading and color, and open the give by tweaking small increments. You get full give within 1.5 turn. The remaining turns just hold the screw in place and have no effect over give.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    The EdgeX (adjustable give version) comes set at 3.5 mm from Factory. You can change the stroke from 2.8 - 4.2mm. Its really easy but you may not even need to do so. The 3.5mm should suit most artists for lining, shading and color. All you would have to adjust is the give. For lining close the give almost all the way in . For shading and color, and open the give by tweaking small increments. You get full give within 1.5 turn. The remaining turns just hold the screw in place and have no effect over give.
    does sound too good to be true!

i really like to do black and grey work with around 3mm stroke as i find i'm use to that stroke for blending etc, i'm not a fan of give anymore due to i used to use a dragonfly and my work looked well saturated, however when it used to heal it lightened up a lot, now i'm using no give (apart from what gives on the thin bar with the hawk and bigger groupings) everything saturates very nicely so i don't want to play too much with the give settings, unless it's black and grey work i might use the smallest bit of give

i used to line with a DD and didn't like the feel of it, so the tiniest bit of give is nice when lining

the depth concerned me a little which had me thinking, with the RPG grips and setting the depth, if i used the shorter 3mm stroke like i'm familiar with on my spirit, had this set at the correct depth, then whenever i wanted to change between lining (changing to a 4mm stroke) i most likely wouldn't have to adjust my needle depth right? (which would be annoying) as it would pop out 1mm further due to the increased stroke, so hopefully no depth alterations would need to be made?

sorry if i'm explaining this in the worst way possible

thanks for the replies i appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

The New Spektra Edge...is Here!

I completely understand where you are coming from. This is why the give of the Edge is not longer than 2mm and is not a super soft spring neither. Soft, long give will simply cause less penetration and more irritation in some cases. This is why while tattooing with super soft machines only look good when the tattoo is fresh, because what you are really achieving with super soft spring is a bare scratch that will heal up and fall off. The first layer of skin is not stable at all and is the skin that always shades off and dies.

The ink needs to penetrate about .5 -1 mm into the skin to burry the ink particle over the stable layer of skin. There is no give or take on this matter, just facts and this is why tattoos stay on the skin.

You can adjust the "depth" with easy with the vise system on the Edge or even use a Cheyenne Hawk grip. The option is yours. To change "mechanical stroke" it takes you 1 minute max if you ever need to. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call us at 855-FKIRONS with any questions.
    We'll be glad to answer any of your question.

The Edge is just another tool that does not include talent. 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 03-09-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine appears to be in vanish mode in the mail,ha, i am not sure, i was sent an email that said it shipped on the 11th and would arrive friday the 13th, yet no updates to the tracking number have happened since the 11th. Gaston, did you Genie mail my machine? haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    mine appears to be in vanish mode in the mail,ha, i am not sure, i was sent an email that said it shipped on the 11th and would arrive friday the 13th, yet no updates to the tracking number have happened since the 11th. Gaston, did you Genie mail my machine? haha
    Not at all brother. The tracking gets sent once the machine physically leaves. Shoot us a line at [email protected] to get on the mailman's ass. Yes that did sound awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The tracking preorder was dated on the 4 th. The 11th was the date it said it was received at the post office. That's why I am confused. I am sooo ready to use it! I actually just got a beat up ol halo in the mail today on a trade. Never used one before, that machine runs awesomely!

Post Thanks / Like
    And i did also email the order email. To see what was going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    well , this is a machine that I sure do look forward to using, if it ever actually gets here.