Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The New Spektra Edge...is Here!

I will make an in-depth post after I catch some sleep but don't want to kill anyone from anxiety so here we go:

This machine has been in the works since end of 2012.
    We took the time to design and perfect each component. We also weren't able to disclose much during development because of the patenting process we were going through to protect some of the technologies we created.

- MultiVise: We wanted to offer artists a vise system that will provide a much more streamline look but at the same time, that would give them the flexibility to use Screw-On and Standard grips without the need of additional hardware.
    This part, believe it or not was probably the most time consuming aspect of the whole design process. Designing a small, versatile, easy to operate and comfortable to the fingers vise system wasn't an easy task but I think we got pretty close
    Unlike the rest of the machine, the chuck is sandblasted and anodized for better grip.

- Adjustable Stroke System: This is the first time that we introduce an adjustable stroke module for our HexDrive Mechanism that does not require interchanging parts.

- Variable Give and Non Give Version: We have two versions of the Edge. The "Edge" and Edge X".
    Edge: Does not have not have give adjustment
    Cost: $499.95

Edge X: (Variable Give On-The-Fly version) Not only we wanted to provide a cartridge machine with give, but we also wanted to be Variable On-the-Fly. This give system is different from the Halo and perhaps from most machines as the adjustable knob is perpenticular to the needle. it is also Micro adjustable as it only requires small increments to adjust. One full turn of the knob takes you from no give to full give.
    We also designed it so it could work great with cartridges with different spring/ membrane tensions.
    Cost: $549

-Pivoting DriveBar: Since cartridge grips are not a standard mechanism (yet) we wanted to ensure that we cover all bases or at least the most popular ones. The Drivebar will work with our RPGs, both disposables and autoclavable but also with Hawk and grips alike. The pivoting DriveBar pivots on its end join self aligning to with the cartridge when the machine is active. This stabilizes the bar and needle without the need of bushings causing additional friction and noise.

-MotorBolt HexDrive System: The Edge uses the same HexDrive MotorBolt as the Direkt, this means that if you have a Direkt you can interchange motors and will only be required to buy a body.

-Floating Slider ball stabilized: We picked a new material for the Slider of the Edge that has in its composition PTFE among its components making it resistant to wear but also self-lubricant.
    And you guessed it, it glides on ball bearings configured in triangular position so there is no room for axial play.

-Aircraft aluminum enclosures: Just like all our machines, the housing of the entire machine is made out of a solid piece of 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum, mirror polished and anodized for durability and looks.

-Made in lovely America:

All the new technologies introduced in this machine and the Direkt are part of the "FKI Platform". A platform that will be available to other builders and we will be unveiling details soon.

You may not see the machine right away on our site because we are launching (Hopefully tomorrow) the new FKirons.com and official distributors.

No need to pre order, Machine will be available some time this week. Lead-time will be anywhere from 7-15 days, at least for the first month or so due to the number of machines that we need to fulfill to our distributors.

Any questions feel free to ask.
    Now I'm going to bed.

UPDATE: We are happy to announce that the New Spektra Edge will ship out with Removable "DrivePin" for proper sanitation. Blister packed Disposable DrivePins will be available soon as well. Here are some of the renderings and I should have production pictures by tomorrow or so.
    This entailed that we redesigned three parts on the machine that were already done but we thought this would make this machine even safer.

This should not affect the estimated delivery deadline of 2 weeks prior placing the order.
    Last edited by fkirons; 12-21-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like PAWNJOB, vittamin, John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ho Lee Shit

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do I send my money? When can I send my money?

Post Thanks / Like
    halo motorbolt compatible?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadripple View Post
    halo motorbolt compatible?
    Only HexDrive MotorBolt Compatible. Same as the Direkt.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Link doesn't work on my phone.!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gastonomical! One more to add to my arsenal of (only) FK maquinas!! :P

Post Thanks / Like
    That defo on my new-year list ill be holding of on for this

Post Thanks / Like
    and that's the 1 I been waiting for,,,all over this dude,,,dollar ready and waiting!!!
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right