Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    wurd. if what you're using has a 7-10 min kill time then I could see how it might seem ridiculous, but opticide is 3min & the newer cavicide1 is only 1min. not too hard to keep something wet for 1min.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wallet can't keep up with you guys lol where the buy back promos lol jk. Looks like a nice machine def one i would like to have. I'm gonna have to save up some money for this lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kusobaka View Post
    wurd. if what you're using has a 7-10 min kill time then I could see how it might seem ridiculous, but opticide is 3min & the newer cavicide1 is only 1min. not too hard to keep something wet for 1min.
    That is disinfection. Not sterilization...

Post Thanks / Like
    using something like cavicide 3 or madicide for the allotted amount of time required is actually called cold sterilization, js.

Post Thanks / Like

The New Spektra Edge...is Here!

Yeah If I cant sterilize the bar its a no go.. It would be like saying I can reuse needle bars just by wiping them off

6. Like nathan bauer liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan bauer View Post
    That is disinfection. Not sterilization...
    No its not.those are not cold sterilants.wavicide for 10 hours is a cold sterilant.last post on this subject in this thread.read your chemicals...that is why they are called hard surface disinfectant s

Post Thanks / Like
    this conversation happens a lot, understandably. I think there is very little chance that cross contamination can occur by cold sterilizing the drive bars in Cheyenne's or in the edge. to each is there own, but I always thought that it was kind of odd how this is such a cause for concern when the people who seem to make this argument the most are dedicated coil users. I know that's a different subject all together, but in my opinion( just my opinion) coil machines are a perpetual breeding ground for bacteria and cross contamination. even when machine bags are used, bio spray is a factor when using traditional needle bar setups. with this being a legitimate cause for concern when considering possible cross contamination it gets glossed over as being ok? and I know that people aren't autoclaving their coil machines. in my opinion cold sterilizing a drive bar and using disposable cart systems seems a way safer course of action then actually using a coil machine that cant be autoclaved either. all i am saying is if cold sterilization is bad, the it is bad in any event right down to using coils. i also would like to say im not trying to argue with anyone, I respect all our opinions I just think a lot of times there are double standards as to what is ok in this industry based on what people prefer or where taught not on actual statistical fact. again, just my opinion, thanks for listening :-)
    Last edited by cagelavey; 12-10-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use rotary machines that can be cleaned after every tattoo I also don't think that the cheyenne can be cleaned properly because of the contaimenents in the head of the actual machine. The drive bar only sticks out so far.. What goes up must come down right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, i hear what youre saying artoftatt2 its all pretty scary, id just have to see some hard facts that cold sterilizing a drive bar is ineffective, I cant just believe it is because someone says it is, that's all. In any event I think we are heading in the right direction with all of it, gets better everyday. in any event I don't want to highjack the thread any longer, lol. love the look of the machine Gaston, cant wait to get my hands on one!

Post Thanks / Like
    New thread started!