Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra direkt needle bar issues

So I've been told I should be able to use my direkt with the fkirons RPGs grips without any tensioner on the needlebar, but no matter what I seem to do it rides up and off the armature nipple. Due to the band in the techs I actually had it pop off and kick across the room on me. I was told to bend the needlebar down a little bit, but it still rides up. If I put an extreme bend in it it still rides up and then rubs against the top of the tube bogging the whole machine down. Before I bother fkirons again, I was curious if anyone has the same problem or has solved it already. I've tried both the 3.5 and 4 mm strokes. And run them between 7-8.5 volts usually. Thanks for your time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Who told you not to use tensioners?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ1loWInjI
    I don't use the rpg grip but I'm pretty sure it is like the T-Tech/Cheyenne flexi grips in the fact that you still use a tensioner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fkirons did when I asked them if they were going to make a swivel bar for the direkt. I seem to have an easier time lining with it without a tensioner, hence I'm trying to figure it out. Regular rubber bands seem to snap on me, so I've been using the oring, but I'm not loving lining with it. They said I shouldn't need one with their RPGs.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a bushing in the RPG, keeps the bar pretty damn strait in the tube since there is no room for it to go anywhere but up and down.

Post Thanks / Like
    No he is saying the loop on the pusher is too loose and the nipple. I had the same problem te other day with a pusher bar. Just have to give the loop a squeeze with pliers to close it a little to make it grip the nipple better.

6. Thanks Administrator thanked for this post.
    Like S_Trofatter liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra direkt needle bar issues

Thanks I really hadn't thought of that. It seems to happen with all the pusher bars I use for the metal rpg and the disposable RPGs as well. Your using it without a tensioner?

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have that happen with either actually. I had it happens with my inkjecta specific3 and a wrath tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a 16mm i.d. o-ring. I then like the tiniest bit of a&d on the bar where it contacts o-ring. It let's the bar slide.inside the o-ring.... (erotic)...just my 2 bits...this is how.i run mine . Hope it helps!. Nathan
    Last edited by nathan bauer; 12-09-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: fat fingers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan bauer View Post
    Try a 16mm i.d. o-ring. I then like the tiniest bit of a&d on the bar where it contacts o-ring. It let's the bar slide.inside the o-ring.... (erotic)...just my 2 bits...this is how.i run mine . Hope it helps!. Nathan
    Thanks man, I'll try that out!

11. Like nathan bauer liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    When that was happening to me I put a rubber band on it helped it stay down but it made it doggy and wasn't running like I wanted it to so I took the band back off the bar would raise off the armature nipple. It is almost like not all grommets work with all armature pins. The lubing the oring is a good idea. Should make the needle bar slide on the oring.

13. Like nathan bauer liked this post.