Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't had any problems with mine. Have used 3 types of disposable tube as well as steel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Haven't had any problems with mine. Have used 3 types of disposable tube as well as steel
    thanks, that's actually awesome news. I have tried at least 5 setups and i'm still having the same issue. i really like the way it tattoos, so I would rather have it be a defect and have him fix it. i just spent 6 hrs straight swearing at it in my head while i was tattooing.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I brought it to my dad who is a master machinist of 35 yrs. The vice on the back side is not round. It must,have been double drill. This happens w machining. I'm sure Mike will just send me another part to replace it. I'm very happy w the machine so far, so I'll be very happy when it holds the tube correctly.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey send me some pics or post some pics with your tubes and the area thats "doubled drilled?" Are you talking about the FKirons jaw part on the vice? Im sorry its hard to understand the problem without the visuals. Yours is the only one im hearing with issues with the vice so i want to see some pics of the problem. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^this is why I like Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    vice1.jpgvice2.jpgit looks it pulled out the jig a little. i'm pretty sure it was made on a pallet cnc with twist clamps and they do loosen sometimes during machining. as us can see from the wear marks, the tube is not sitting flat on the machined part. it's prob drilled slightly out of square and oblong. can you please send me a replacement part? i sent my shipping info in a pm. thanks for your response. I'll be sure to right up a full review for you once this is fixed and I can get some more time with it.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see any defects in those images? I think your tubes may be the issue. Not sure why yours dont work with the machine, i would really like to see your tubes or them in the vice. Can you measure the outside diameter of your tubes your using. That offset in the main entrance of the vice is ment to be there. Its there to actually support more contact area with the vice and your tube. Gaston designed that little trick and im only hearing yours having issues with it. But from what i can see the part looks used but it seems to look correct so. The underside of your turn knob has cut out ring that will support O rings i have. I can send you one and maybe that will resolve your issue but i found it more irritating then useful so i didn't include them in the assembly.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Centri Cobra Reviews

If you are using below t6 tensile strength aluminum, overtorquing it could damage it. It works great and we haven't had a single complain. Are you using 6061 t6?

Other than that I don't understand the issue myself
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've use tatsoul cart disposables, fk rpg delrin, hawk grip with adapter, ttech steel, and a kingpin aluminum cart grip. Do you really want me to put a mic on all of these? These are all industry standard tubes. I'm sure they vary, but i believe the large hole is NOT straight so the vice is only grabbing a tiny bit on the corners. As soon as it turns at all even from the weight of an eikon rca cord the tube loosens up. The rpg's I believe are right at 5/16" and it would be impossible for me to tattoo with this one.
    I'm not asking for a refund, just that you make this right. I paid $600 for a machine that won't hold a tube correctly.
    Can't you just send a new part and the 0-ring you mentioned? I really don't see why you wouldn't want this fixed as fast as I do. I'll send the old part back to you if you want it.
    I don't think I'm asking too much here.

Post Thanks / Like
    vice3.jpgthis area is not flat and look at the circled area that it is most noticeable