Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everything you say loving mine more and more every tattoo I do with it did this one today 3rl 8rs bug pin 13rm 7rm IMG_20150317_161036.jpg and ya I probably could have done without the 13 mag or 8rs haha but fuck it that's why I love carts I used 3.6 ish stroke and 9.3 volts for everything , no give

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Gaston I had a question , lube, when, where ,how much? Video tutorial would be great , machine is easy to completely tear down and re assemble but maybe make an all in one that includes u taking it all apart etc to

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's mine looks so sexy all in black IMG_20150317_191400.jpg
    And also when will disposable drive pins be available packed with each disp RPG? Also will you sell packs of drive pins for those who want to buy enough to use a new one each time etc
    Last edited by joelhague; 03-18-2015 at 05:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi joelhague, how do you feel it on hand while tattooing? It does vibrate or is the vibration uncomfortable when you're tattooing small details or small letterings? How is it compared with the thunder/spirit (or even hawk pen if you tried it)?
    Just read some comments of people comparing it with them
    By the way, nice "all black" looking!
    Last edited by eduki; 03-18-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It vibrates slightly more then my hawk thunder, but it isn't really noticeable it vibrates less then many many many other rotary machines , it will not cause any issue for lining etc, you can always use a stainless t tech grip on it if you wanted but I have no issues using plastic disposable cart grips, I can't express how stoked I am on the machine, I don't get excited over new machines anymore once I went all hawk for over a year and a half I figured my machine journey was over, since I don't buy into hype or gimmicks or the fancy new rotarys that come out once a month , it took a lot for me to buy this as I had tried almost every rotary I could get my hands on before my hawk, and basically to me they all ran almost the same, this edge x machine though there is some magic in it , just feels fucking awesome to tattoo with . I sold my thunder after doing 2 tattoos with it, that says alot, it has put the fun back into everyday tattooing such a pleasure to work with a machine that makes my job easier and more pleasurable !

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me there was zero learning curve going from hawk to this it was more like reverse learning curve , its like I'm just going to make you tattoo better if that's alright with you good sir , lol and it totally has

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the explanation, it really helps!
    These days I was watching some YouTube vids about Jose Perez Jr. I'm not sure but I think he uses disposable grips with the edge X and wrap them with paper, maybe that can be enough too.
    Thanks again

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we can thank you guys enough for the support and honest feedback.
    To address some of the questions:
    Lubing: Videos will be up pretty soon. To lube up the EdgeX there are a few things to keep in mind.

a) One drop gets you a long way.
    b) Less is more

On the EdgeX you simply place one to two drops of oil by the slot that surrounds the GiveKnob.
    Run the machine fast (around 15V) for 5 seconds to disperse the oil and you are done.

On the Edge: you put one drop on each side of the SliderGuard right in between the slider and the SliderGuard.
    and do exactly the same to disperse the oil.

The Slider is made of a new material that has PTFE and Teflon in its composition therefore no frequent lubing is required.
    We have estimated that a machine needs to be lubed after every 120 hours more or less.

Again, do not over lube as this will result in to a negative effect.

Regarding Vibration: Well the Edge has close to no vibration when you compare with the amount of torque that the machine is outputting.
    We design the cam to deliver maximum torque while keeping the vibration ratio to its minimum.
    Some artists have mentioned that what they feel is "feedback when needle strike the skin" giving them better control and precision when rendering their work.

Wrapping grips or simply using larger diameter grips can make maneuverability more precise, but this all goes with preference and taste.

In my personal experience, I tend to have more control with 1.25" grips than with anything smaller. Anything bigger than 1.25" gives me some pain in my thumb knuckle and this is due to the way a "grip" my grips.

Should you guys have any further questions feel free to ask.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Gaston for all the explanations about the machine, and thanks also for the incoming videos

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    Thanks again Gaston for all the explanations about the machine, and thanks also for the incoming videos
    anytime my friend
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

11. Like Ofeloner liked this post.