Quote Originally Posted by zerovandal14 View Post
Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???
The Edge has a 1.5-2mm give travel and there is a reason why (have addressed this on another post)

Something that could've happened is that if you over torque the knob you could jam up the spring. So I recommend you remove the give knob and run the machine at 15 volts for no more than 5 seconds at a time with drive pin installed. As you are running it push in the drivepin and release . Repeat this a few times and you may want to also add some oil right where the drive bar connects with the slider. (You will need to do this from the vise so remove collet and chuck)

Once you try this push in the bar to see if you get spring action. If you do. Everything is back to normal. Otherwise get back to us via email at [email protected]

A short give travel gets you a long away with the EdgeX. The give can only be gauged once cartridge is installed as cartridge internal spring does half of the work when connected to the edge.

From the no give position turn ONLY up to 1.5 turn no more than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk