Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    If you need some pointers feel free to ask. I think it's a bit too soon to judge it since you just got it and the machine def runs different than the halo, for example, due to the mechanisms that propels it.

You mentioned that you tried it on two small pieces, so allow yourself a few more tattoos to really see it shine.

I recommend to anyone getting this machine starting up with the set stroke and try it in several tattoos before machine adjustments. As we consider that the factory setting will suit most artists. Or at least try it good before altering it.

Also consider that Ttech and Cheyennes needles behave different as they both have different spring compression so the give may have to be adjusted according.

Regarding lining, you may see better results by adding a bit of give to it (at least that's how I line with ease)

Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Oh and regarding the adjustable stroke on the fly... Well ...you just give me work to do for the Edge V2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't get me wrong I think it's a top notch machine. Re-reading my post I think I came across as too critical when I really was just trying to share my experiences and see if anybody has any constructive criticisms regarding my technique. If you want me to take down my post I will as I didn't want it to seem like a review more as a comparison to machines I use. Sorry I'm just a VERY particular person. Reading Ray's post I'm going to try it again with a higher voltage. I think I was running mine at around 8.7 Always afraid on new machines of running it too high.

Quote Originally Posted by johndameart View Post
    give it some time, this machine has been the best I've used yet and honestly die say keep using it, how familiar are you exactly with rotaries anyway guatum? i only ask because your profile says you've been tattooing since last year.
    I think you were referring to me not guatum? I started off using coils but since literally everyone in my shop uses rotaries I practically learned on rotaries. I'd say 90% of my tattooing is done with rotaries.
    Last edited by gerardcon; 01-10-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bud,feedback is feedback. Good or bad and they both help us. Don't get me wrong neither in just offering some opinion to help out in the process. 8.7 volts seems good for coloring and even grey work. Probably a bit slow for lining but again, it all depends how you tattoo, your set stroke and what you are trying to push. You won't burn the machine unless you tattoo at 18 volts for 30 minutes. Try all ranges until you find your sweet spot and again feel free to contact us with any questions. We are here to help.

For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johndameart View Post
    give it some time, this machine has been the best I've used yet and honestly die say keep using it, how familiar are you exactly with rotaries anyway guatum? i only ask because your profile says you've been tattooing since last year.
    Hey john

sorry? i have not bought the edge x yet, just saw video of the artoftatt2 and that is why i replied to the thread lol and i have been tattooing since 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah 8.7 is really low to line with. I used the edge x at around 9.8-10 with no give, Max stroke, for lining. Pushing 3rl, 7rl, and 9rl. I think it was the easiest time I ever had lining a tattoo.

my only gripe is that I only bought one.
    instagram- @jsuchoza

www.imnotalltheremyself.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say this is the best machine I've used hands down, and a coworker of mine that was all the way coils feels the same way. First piece I did with it was a huge rib piece and it made it so easy, even the client said way better feel for him. I set up with the long stroke and did everything on 4.2 lined 9.5-10volts and shade and color around 8.5-9

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and I opened up the give know when lining and doing a little color blending

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Guatum. Wrong person haha. I was talking to gerardcon. Although you may have learned 90% off rotaries, tattooing since last year in my opinion is way to soon to start giving any sort of feedback on machines when your still fresh and learning the craft tbh.

8. Like gautam liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    But besides that. Keep giving it a chance 😇😇😇

Post Thanks / Like
    those were smiley faces btw hahahaha....fucking phone..

11. Like gautam liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayofthedead View Post
    I received my Edge X today and set it up immediately for a walk in script tattoo. I used it how it was set up out of the box and used a ttech 9RL bugpin and ran it at about 10.5v. I was really impressed. The learning curve switching from my Cheyenne Hawk Thunder was minimal. It lined much like the Hawk. I did another small script tattoo a little later with a smaller liner, set up the same way, just used a little less volts. Another winner. My late appointment cancelled so I tattooed myself for a bit because I really wanted to test out the give and adjust the stroke. I did some black and gray shading with the give at what i would guess is 50% at about 9.5v and man was it smooth. I also did some color shading at the same voltage and just took the give all the way up to 100 and then dialed it back down to about 50%. I really didnt think I would find a machine that worked as well as my Hawk or the Flite that I sold to buy this but I'm really excited to use this as a daily driver for a few weeks. This is the first FK/Spektra machine I've ever used and all I can say is, my compliments to Gaston and everyone at FKI.
    Sounds awesome! When you did the black and grey shading, did you adjust the stroke length or leave it at the factory setting?