Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by zerovandal14 View Post
    Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???
    The edge has a short give travel and there are many reasons why we designed it this way. The end result of the give is noticeable while tattooing as there is No tactile feedback on any part of the machine (no, the give knob is stationary and does not back off like an armature bar for example) However if you no give at all, you may have over torqued the give knob while trying to close it causing the spring to jam. Try this. Remove the give knob. Push the bar inwards with normal force and see if you get it to pop back up.

Another thing you can try is to run the machine high like at 12 volts for 5 seconds while opposing inward force towards the bar. Put the give knob all the way in without over doing it and back off 1 turn and a half. The travel of the give is about 1.8mm so don't expect anything more than that. It's just simply no needed with this setup.

We are dealing with cartridges that already have a spring. Let us know how that went. And for everyone reading this 1.5 turn from the no position is all you want to back off. The rest of the turns have no effect over give and just sets the screw in place.

Feel free to PM, email us or call us with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 03-13-2015 at 01:43 AM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like Bishopbyname liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friend grabbed an edge from you guys in Detroit. He has nothing but great things to say about it, so I sold my flite and are saving for one.

On a side note, you were putting a stencil on Tim bloor while I was talking to him on Sunday. Still haven't seen that tattoo. Can we have a peek. Thank you for everything man.

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by billannand View Post
    My friend grabbed an edge from you guys in Detroit. He has nothing but great things to say about it, so I sold my flite and are saving for one.

On a side note, you were putting a stencil on Tim bloor while I was talking to him on Sunday. Still haven't seen that tattoo. Can we have a peek. Thank you for everything man.

Damn bro. Should've said hi! That was such an honor to tattoo the FK Logo on my friend Tim Boor🙏 Nothing fancy, just a logo. Lined and colored with a 5 RL

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK so I used my edge x today I was skeptical at first, all I can say is I'm hooked , sold my thunder , no regrets , nailed it Gaston! I do need a couple other push rods tho I emailed and face booked you guys about it, really stoked on the machine used it at 9.2 v and it did everything super fast and zero effort , give locked down , just under max stroke and gave me buttery smooth shading , I don't know what it is but it feels faster then my thunder and the way the needle feels on the skin was more intuitive then normal, very impressed , used bug pin 13 curvedag , 8rs and 3rl effortlessly with a disposable RPG
    Last edited by joelhague; 03-14-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A question about the edge with carts.. Isn't much better option the edge with no give when using carts?
    I wonder how give can act with a cartridge that already has an inner spring... It comes to my mind some harleys that I see with rear shocks and the owner decides to install a seat with springs for an "old school" looking.
    That could be the reason why Gaston decided to install a small amount of give of 1.8 or 2 mm. on the edge X, but I would like to ask to you the experienced builders if even that small give... Could not react in the opposite way with the cartridge spring?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    A question about the edge with carts.. Isn't much better option the edge with no give when using carts?
    I wonder how give can act with a cartridge that already has an inner spring... It comes to my mind some harleys that I see with rear shocks and the owner decides to install a seat with springs for an "old school" looking.
    That could be the reason why Gaston decided to install a small amount of give of 1.8 or 2 mm. on the edge X, but I would like to ask to you the experienced builders if even that small give... Could not react in the opposite way with the cartridge spring?
    There is other machines machines that can have their full stroke worth of give. Gaston explains why he only did a small amount in previous posts. the dragonfly X2 for example can hit so soft it won't puncture the skin with carts.. which is a useless amount of give but none the less it's nice to get the full range of adjustment from no give to full useless give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    I am going to post (as soon as I have get the digital microscope we are buying for the shop) pictures of magnified surface puncture with no give and give.
    That's the best visual reference that I can think off to illustrate the feature.

The Edge and EdgeX with give hit totally different. Of course the EdgeX with the give completely closed will hit like the Edge (no give.)

Feel free to call or email us as well if you like.

9. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those picts sound interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston, Timothy boor is going to be in Fort Wayne, in. At the devils hollow tattoo convention that my shop has sponsored (Grade A tattoos) can't wait to meet him great artist. Also loving the edge, honestly one of, if not the best liner I've ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, the give does work really well. It's just nothing that can be measured other than when in the skin, simple as that. The give that is offered thru the x is more than enough to do any job. I love no give machines and didn't think that I would use the give much, which I don't, not really. I know like have a turn on the give knob makes it freaking excellent for lining, just enough for the perfect lines. But as for all else I like no give, that's just me. But I have ran it with give for shading and color packing just to see what was up and it performed awesomely as well. I do have to admit that at first I thought there was more vibration than when using my thunder, which there is, but not much, and when tattooing it's not an issue at all, even with the disposables it performs optimally. Another issue I had was the stroke adjustment, tried the different settings, and found that the only one that performed well for me was the max stroke, but that's just personal preference I'm sure, after using the 4mm thunder for so long. The vice is also top notch, pry one of the best vices I've used also. All and all, an amazing machine. Not disappointed at all. Glad she is in my arsenal! Great job with this one Gaston.

13. Thanks fkirons, joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like fkirons, joelhague liked this post.