Thread: Spektra edge x

Post Thanks / Like

Today is a good day

2. Like gautam liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bustitout View Post

Today is a good day
    Enjoy it and should you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

4. Thanks bustitout thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward when my good day comes)))

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine never came with oil, what are you supposed to lube, I thought this machine was self lubricating

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2dru View Post
    Mine never came with oil, what are you supposed to lube, I thought this machine was self lubricating
    The all come with oil. If yours didn't came with oil the shipping guy is getting his ass kicked by me 😁. Just get in touch with Kayleigh at [email protected] and we'll put one in the mail for you.

Yes the Slider is self lubricating meaning that it has PTFE in its composition and it won't wear off as quickly as regular Delrin. The Edge's slider will requires less lubrication than regular Delrin sliders as lubricant oil and PTFE from slider will create a much more slippery surface.

Picture a slider as a linear bearing. All bearings require some time of lubrication. For optimal performance.

To lubricate the machine is super easy. Put one drop on each side of the slider and the back, right in between the part that houses the slider. On the Edge X you can simply apply two to three drops right around the GiveKnob area.

Another effective way to lube up the slider is by the vise area. Remove chuck and floating collet, push slider forward and lube the slider through the vise. Apply one drop of oil in each of the three slots you will see on the slider right around the DrivePin.

Voila

Run the machine at 15 volts for about 8 seconds after applying the drops.

Lubrication videos will be available soon as well as online manual.

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All original orders were shipped in our Spektra boxes to ensure that the orders were processed as quickly as possible so that you would not have to wait any longer for the machine to arrive as we unfortunately didn't receive the newer boxes until late last week, however all of the other machine features and accessories included with the machine are the same.
    If you would like to arrange to receive the newer packaging please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to make arrangements with you

Quote Originally Posted by bluerocker View Post
    Well received it today...and first thoughts...machine looks good...not overly impressed with it being placed in what appears to be a halo box with no padding but there ya go...come with oil...bars and stickers...started off a really good purchase..very correspondence as had a few tech issues..then with issues with the website log in...postage...last email not replied to feel a bit shat on...especially when after the original launch was made...i jumped on it as been waiting for this machine...then all the offers and add ons come...learnt lesson...be more patient...sounds nice and smooth...and weights nice...hope it lives up to the hype

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

Post Thanks / Like
    A few questions for the FKI guys:
    im running the Edge X at about 10.5v no higher, for lining. I noticed the machine gets a bit warm. Not hit by any means but warm enough to notice. I just wanted to confirm that this was normal. The last few rotaries I've used haven't gotten warm and the ones prior that did, started to slow down when they got warm.

And

do you, or will you be making drive bars that are longer? I can't use my Cheyenne flex grip with the shorter drive bars provided. I have a couple RPG grips and a hawk combo grip so it's mit a big deal but I figured I'd ask before I sold the flex grip if it's useless.

Thanks so much for being so involved in the forum after your product launch. I'm incredibly happy with my purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by rayofthedead View Post
    A few questions for the FKI guys:
    im running the Edge X at about 10.5v no higher, for lining. I noticed the machine gets a bit warm. Not hit by any means but warm enough to notice. I just wanted to confirm that this was normal. The last few rotaries I've used haven't gotten warm and the ones prior that did, started to slow down when they got warm.

And

do you, or will you be making drive bars that are longer? I can't use my Cheyenne flex grip with the shorter drive bars provided. I have a couple RPG grips and a hawk combo grip so it's mit a big deal but I figured I'd ask before I sold the flex grip if it's useless.

Thanks so much for being so involved in the forum after your product launch. I'm incredibly happy with my purchase.
    Hey there. 10.5 is in the higher end but def safe. You can run this machine as high as 14 volts but no human skin will sustain the trauma. 😊 The warmth you are experiencing comes in fact from the big bearing of the hex drive mechanism. This bearing is absorbing axial load (protecting your motor and reducing vibration) so at higher speed rotation, the ball bearing balls can produce minimal warmth due to friction. The fact that the body of machine and motor housing are crafted from aluminum (a common material for heat dissipation purposes) will result in heat dissipation.
    I have experienced, when prototyping, that running the Edge at high voltage will decrease the level of friction over time as the machine breaks in resulting into cool running machine.

Regarding the DriveBars being a bit shorted for flex grips. Well we made sure they worked with most grips ours and adjustable hawk. What you can do to compensate that difference is to unscrew the drive pin a bit to compensate for that difference and out a loop of take around.

You can also get longer drive pins from us. We make them upon request.

Last edited by fkirons; 01-14-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Thank you so much for that explanation. I will play with the drive bar and see if it works.

One last question for anybody that might have some insight. Any tips on how to wrap this bad boy so the bag/clip cord sleeve doesn't hit the give knob and make all that noise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try getting bigger bags.hard yo find from tattoo suppliers. Check www.uline.com .they have different sizes and thicknesses on rolls. I'm thinking a little.stiffer bag stock (3mil ?) In a 3 in bag (or poly tubing) might be the ticket.