Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! Gaston, you and the crew should rightfully be proud of this one. Honestly with the Edge and Edge X, I cannot see why anyone would choose a Cheyenne at this point. The combination of flexibility (EASILY changeable hit, quickly changeable stroke, and the vice and screw-on attachments built in), ability to properly clean the unit (I've always loved this aspect of being able to remove the motor to be able to even autoclave the body of the Spektra rotaries), and the Hexbolt giving incredibly smooth performance makes this machine one of the most absolutely best cartridge machines I have ever used. I'll be telling friends about this one. Thanks again Gaston!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where on the site.are the extra bars..can't seem to find them.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by zerovandal14 View Post
    Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???
    The Edge has a 1.5-2mm give travel and there is a reason why (have addressed this on another post)

Something that could've happened is that if you over torque the knob you could jam up the spring. So I recommend you remove the give knob and run the machine at 15 volts for no more than 5 seconds at a time with drive pin installed. As you are running it push in the drivepin and release . Repeat this a few times and you may want to also add some oil right where the drive bar connects with the slider. (You will need to do this from the vise so remove collet and chuck)

Once you try this push in the bar to see if you get spring action. If you do. Everything is back to normal. Otherwise get back to us via email at [email protected]

A short give travel gets you a long away with the EdgeX. The give can only be gauged once cartridge is installed as cartridge internal spring does half of the work when connected to the edge.

From the no give position turn ONLY up to 1.5 turn no more than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Spectra edge x has been my daily driver since I received it a few months ago. Didn't really need to but I felt the need for a second one

Post Thanks / Like
    what size is the hex kit thats comes with the edge because mine
    cant get grip and i cant change stroke length

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking in getting one pretty soon after seing all the reviews,only i can find rpg click grips from fk irons around here,are they compatible?or i need the universal vise connector?a bit lost with the grip stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    The edge comes with the adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers John!!!!

9. Like johndameart liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wanne buy a precision hex screwdriver for it because the hextool cant get a grip on the screw and i cant loosen it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Took advantage of the black friday sale and ordered the kryptonite spektra edge x with a kryptonite rpg click and a tangerine rpg click for my hm direct drive. so excited