Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Post Thanks / Like
    I left it at the factory stroke yesterday and liked the result. I put it on the shortest stroke today for a black and gray piece and really liked it. It's taking me some time to get used to not being able to adjust the needle hang on the fly without a hawk combo grip. I'm used to a lot of hang on the hawk which has something like a 4mm stroke. I can't hang the needle as much with the stroke turned all the way down. That's me tho, not the machine. I know I'm going to be in love with this machine In a week or so once I've really dialed it in.

2. Thanks bustitout thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... FK irons... Just had some drinks and ordered a second edge x body... Thanks! Hope my sober self thanks you as well'
    instagram- @jsuchoza

www.imnotalltheremyself.com

4. Like alxtattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsuchoza View Post
    Well... FK irons... Just had some drinks and ordered a second edge x body... Thanks! Hope my sober self thanks you as well'
    hahaha.. been there! even if "sober self" feels the slightest bit regretful, "package arrival day self" drops all negative feelings about the matter..

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayofthedead View Post
    I left it at the factory stroke yesterday and liked the result. I put it on the shortest stroke today for a black and gray piece and really liked it. It's taking me some time to get used to not being able to adjust the needle hang on the fly without a hawk combo grip. I'm used to a lot of hang on the hawk which has something like a 4mm stroke. I can't hang the needle as much with the stroke turned all the way down. That's me tho, not the machine. I know I'm going to be in love with this machine In a week or so once I've really dialed it in.
    - that must be a heck of a needle hang 😜
    Here is a tip.
    -don't screw the Drive pin all the way and tape it around between the two connectors. That should give you the additional length you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I like a lot of hang with my liners and when I switch to a shader cart, it just hangs out too much. With the hawk, I was just used to cranking the grip to adjust it. The more I use the edge with the RPG grip, the more I'm finding a happy medium for both carts.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by rayofthedead View Post
    Well, I like a lot of hang with my liners and when I switch to a shader cart, it just hangs out too much. With the hawk, I was just used to cranking the grip to adjust it. The more I use the edge with the RPG grip, the more I'm finding a happy medium for both carts.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.
    The thunder has a 4mm stroke that cannot be adjusted so if you are "adjusting the stroke on the edge to the 2.8mm" that's where your problem lays. If you would be able to adjust the stroke on the Hawk to 2.8mm you would run through the same issue.

The shorter throw is usually ideal for running your needles with very short hang. Have you try using the machine with the standar 3.5mm or even 4.2? However if you still want to have lots of hang with a short stroke we can customize a drive pin for you simply get in touch with us via email.

Enjoy the machine.

Last edited by fkirons; 01-11-2015 at 10:40 PM.

9. Like AltarVinz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsuchoza View Post
    Damn man We feel bad now. We feel like we accepted your money with you being under the influence. 😜

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered two machines last week - they are already in Denmark.. cant wait to try it out..

Post Thanks / Like
    ordered on the 8th dec ,,,shipped 30th,,,still not arrived,,,express shipping as well,,,hope its as good as reviews
    Last edited by bluerocker; 01-12-2015 at 04:49 AM.
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting used to the short stroke. I did shorten the hang when I dialed down the stroke and I realy like the results. I was just comparing it to my hawk since that's my daily driver. I don't expect it to be a thunder, otherwise I would have just bought another hawk. This machine is awesome and I'm loving the versatility. You did an awesome job and I'm really excited to see the work I create with it in the coming months.