Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektra edge x

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayofthedead View Post
    Awesome! Thank you so much for that explanation. I will play with the drive bar and see if it works.

One last question for anybody that might have some insight. Any tips on how to wrap this bad boy so the bag/clip cord sleeve doesn't hit the give knob and make all that noise?
    I believe I got my blue bags from TatSoul. Check them out.
    If your bags are small Ty to pinch it/ pull it by the slider section to enlarge it.
    Also make sure to tuck the bag up a bit around the slider area. I will post a video soon that shows how to bag it and some additional tips. I am learning myself as I find more time to tattoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

these are the ones I use. I'm not at the shop to check the box.
    Leave me with plenty of room to free up the slider area.
    Maybe Billy at TatSoul can confirm?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, thanks. I will check out those tatsoul bags, my eikon bags are kinda narrow.

Post Thanks / Like

These are the bags I use from Kingpin. They seem to have enough room, but are pretty thick, so I may have to get thinner ones to feel the give knob. Anyway, I found it helpful to put a rubberband towards the rca post to keep the bag bunched up front. Just and idea for what it's worth.

On another note, did my first piece with the Edge... and I freakin love it! I know I still have a lot to learn about it, but already worth every penny

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it work perfectly with the other cartridge grips to like tatsouls and the ones from franco at bishop ? Or do you need special bars etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Does it work perfectly with the other cartridge grips to like tatsouls and the ones from franco at bishop ? Or do you need special bars etc
    Tested with all cartridge disposable grips out there.
    To use the TatSoul or Ttech grips you need to remove the bushing ball from the drive bar of either cartridge grip and install it in one of or drive bar. You can do this by hand pressure only. Do not Hammet It in because you may sink the actual bar.

Regarding all hawk like cartridge grips, the machine comes with a dedicated screw on bar with the 3mm steel ball. In the event that you use any other grip that needs custom bar we will gladly do it for you. Unfortunately with cartridges thugs have not been standardized but we are getting pottery close to it. 😊

Post Thanks / Like
    well i been running my edge for a little over 2 weeks now and love it a lot. no complaints. it even has helped me get more into my direct as well. i see the stuff on this thread about oil. i didn't get any here too and didn't think it needed it but read it does. were again do i add it? and thanks again for great machines. I'm happy with the services i have gotten at fk irons over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    im sure this question has been asked somewhere or another just wondering what Cheyenne users think about the edge, in comparison? I currently run cheyennes but am in the throws of grabbing some cash for the edge, so I was just wondering if they run similar or if its a whole new experience altogether? im in love with the design of the edge! ant wait to get one
    Last edited by cagelavey; 01-21-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey .. i have been using the edge X for about a week - usually i use the Thunder.
    The machine is very well craftet, really quality made - thumbs up. It is really strong and has alot of power.
    I run it at 9.5 volts for shading / packing and 10.8 for lining. I use give - one whole turn. (cut a mark on the nut - makes it easy to count turns.)

This is my daily driver now..

Post Thanks / Like
    easily my daily driver now too
    Just really well built...... smooth, almost zero vibration, really well balanced with a RPG grip.

Just a very versatile, well thought out machine
    my only complaint is that i only have one!!