Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had the chance to try the Slot-Lock, but I've used a lot of Cheyennes and have spent a couple thousand on T-Techs in the last few years. I've never had any issues with T-Tech. I will say from the photos on his Instagram, the Phuchstyx needles are very different in look/design than T-Tech. They have a more angular shape to their liners, and their mags have a little bridge of plastic holding the mag in place.
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2

Post Thanks / Like
    got to see the slot locks in person today at kingpin. they look really nice. they said they are still in their soft release phase to work out n e potential kinks that may come up. they said there is a gromit inside,not a diaphragm like with the cheyennes. there have been some constructive critiques by tattooers using them they said n r taking all their concerns/advice n will b applying them to make a better product. thats y u gotta love kingpin.they are around $30 for 20. i wanted to get a box but until rick tries them out over at stylus n gives his opinion n endorses them, i don't wanna chance blowing out my stylus. as much as i have used ttechs n have not had n e issues with them, i hope word comes out soon that the stylus is compatible bc i will b buying them for sure.

3. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    until gaston starts making carts...ill stick with t-tech...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the quality of the cartridge and the needles but they do not fit well in FKI RPG grips. Ive pulled a few of them apart trying to get them out. No complaints in the Hawk Grip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eric03 View Post
    got to see the slot locks in person today at kingpin. they look really nice. they said they are still in their soft release phase to work out n e potential kinks that may come up. they said there is a gromit inside,not a diaphragm like with the cheyennes. there have been some constructive critiques by tattooers using them they said n r taking all their concerns/advice n will b applying them to make a better product. thats y u gotta love kingpin.they are around $30 for 20. i wanted to get a box but until rick tries them out over at stylus n gives his opinion n endorses them, i don't wanna chance blowing out my stylus. as much as i have used ttechs n have not had n e issues with them, i hope word comes out soon that the stylus is compatible bc i will b buying them for sure.
    the slot locc has less tension then the t techs so ur safe

7. Like inkkbully liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking they had less tension than ttech also but I don't have a way to measure it or anything . So far so good on my stylus's . I did pull one slot lock apart trying to remove it but I had a lot of tape and plastic around my grip from bagging it and I think it was because of that. I was finished with the tattoo when it happened though thankfully

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info richie

Post Thanks / Like
    bretttattoos, you could maybe use a spring tension guage to see the differences in tension from cart to cart? js

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably could. I think boss man has a spring tension gauge from Danny fowler laying around.. But just from running them with the stylus I usually would run around 12.3 volts to line with a ttech 5 or 7rl, with the slot lock I lined around 11.5 or so and i was able to move faster so just from that info I gathered that either they had less tension than ttech and allowed the machine to run more freely or that they had a little more tension and caused a faster "kick up" thus speeding the machine up a bit. But since the machine felt just as powerful and ran nice and cool without a hiccup I'm going to agree with Richie and say they have less spring tension.

Post Thanks / Like
    They leak just as bad as T-Techs. The grommet is a joke. However the sidewalls of the mags are not nearly as annoying as T-Tech. There are pros and cons to them all.