Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: swashdrive whip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Anthon View Post
    has anyone managed to change the bar to the stiffer one? I haven't figured out how to remove the pin in the back that's holding it on? It appears you just push it through, but if doesn't seem to wanna budge at all and I don't wanna force it too hard in fear of fucking something up!
    yep dig the hard clip too. was scared at first but hit the pin wit a hammer and a flattened nail softly and the pin popped right out. just be careful not to loose the e clip as i lost mine even took it off inside a ziplock bag and still managed to lose it got a bunch of replacements from the hardware store

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got mine today and have only worked with the soft clip. There really was a whipping motion that i wasn't used to, but i liked it. What are everyone's opinion about the hard clip versus the soft clip? Also any noticeable differences with anyone who has used the weights?

Post Thanks / Like
    love it for some shading so far... cant make it line for the life of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little advice to anyone ordering, get the rca version. You can also use a clip cord on it just in case

Post Thanks / Like
    Check swashdrivetattoomachines.com in the next couple of days, Samyo said the weights for the Whip will be available for purchase!

Post Thanks / Like
    blue and prp butterfly.jpg
    did this lil tattoo today outlined with a 9L and the whip at 10.4 v set on 7..I found that if you set the slide all the way up to 8 or 9 it still has nice give but the arm bar doesn't flex on the down stroke like if you have it on say 5 or less...I used a 11round shader for the blue and a 9mag and rapierII
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangstajay View Post
    blue and prp butterfly.jpgdid this lil tattoo today outlined with a 9L and the whip at 10.4 v set on 7..I found that if you set the slide all the way up to 8 or 9 it still has nice give but the arm bar doesn't flex on the down stroke like if you have it on say 5 or less...I used a 11round shader for the blue and a 9mag and rapierII
    Hard or soft clip Jay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    Hard or soft clip Jay?
    hard...I just keep the hard clip on..I really am diggin it for line work..
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    @Tommy. I've been having on-and-off with lining but found that when set the soft clip hard and go slower on slightly lower voltage I get spanky clean lines. Whip seems to trouble a bit over changes in skin quality. Has anyone noticed this at all, or is it just me? I had to let a bit more needle out than I would have liked going up post-baby ribs. I think I shouldn't have had to do that, but it was the only solution I could come up with in an awkward situation. I also put the voltage up to 9.4...which is high for me. I love the whip, and I'm planning to order another one...but I need to work out a few glitches first.