Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: swashdrive whip

Post Thanks / Like
    i used already! and very love it

Post Thanks / Like
    a question for the guys who have the whip.
    What material is made the clip?

Post Thanks / Like
    is it really necessary to use a lab supply with it, or will Critical CX-2 be okay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    is it really necessary to use a lab supply with it, or will Critical CX-2 be okay?
    I would say your cx-2 is fine I have a gen 7 I used every day and I use a cx-2 no problems at all
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    That video is pretty convincing.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a good video ,and I've no doubt a great machine. There are so many new and as is great Rotaries now, the Rotary revolution is moving along in fourth gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    It is a good video ,and I've no doubt a great machine. There are so many new and as is great Rotaries now, the Rotary revolution is moving along in fourth gear.
    Yeah the downside is with the popularity on the rise there'll be tons of crap machines popping up , of course forums like this can help us weed through the crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Received three Swashdrive Whip machines in the Mail today so I decided to use them exclusively all day today. As luck would have it, bothbof my appointments today were black/grey tattoos. I use silverback premixed usually when use rotary machines because it works for me. Eternal lining and triple black. It took me about 5 mins to get the machine dialed in to where I like it and after that, I must say, this has to be the sweetest liner I've run in a long time. It has a little give that's adjustable, same as most "adjustables" but it has action like a really solid coil machine. Weird, right? So I finish the lines and only had to go over like the first three. Everything else very solid, proportional, and single pass. Even that annoying spot above the tricep in the corner. So be it then. Let's see if these fuckers lay some sweet transitions from a solid black to smooth feathery light gray. Me personally, I do a lot of whipping only with the darker hues. With the lighter ones I'm just punching it in. To make a 6 hour story short, these machines are fucking bad ass. I'm not a fool to think it wasn't 80% ability, but these machines are definitely a tool to be reckoned with and good to have. Tomorrow will come some color realism but I can tell already that they're gonna be up to the job and then some. I'd post pics but right now I'm on my faggy lil iPad. If anyone want to see my work please visit twistedimagetattoos.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, I used a critical power supply. They recommend using a lab power supply but the reason is this; most inferior quality power supplies don't properly give enough adjusting amperage or not enough in ratio to the amount of voltage used. They use a "brushed" motor inside the machine. It is a Swiss made motor but it is brushed so you have to be careful of the voltage/current factor lest you burn up your brushes. A lot of artists are using these power supplies from third rate distributors. They recommend the Eikon ems 300 also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcovell View Post
    Received three Swashdrive Whip machines in the Mail today so I decided to use them exclusively all day today. As luck would have it, bothbof my appointments today were black/grey tattoos. I use silverback premixed usually when use rotary machines because it works for me. Eternal lining and triple black. It took me about 5 mins to get the machine dialed in to where I like it and after that, I must say, this has to be the sweetest liner I've run in a long time. It has a little give that's adjustable, same as most "adjustables" but it has action like a really solid coil machine. Weird, right? So I finish the lines and only had to go over like the first three. Everything else very solid, proportional, and single pass. Even that annoying spot above the tricep in the corner. So be it then. Let's see if these fuckers lay some sweet transitions from a solid black to smooth feathery light gray. Me personally, I do a lot of whipping only with the darker hues. With the lighter ones I'm just punching it in. To make a 6 hour story short, these machines are fucking bad ass. I'm not a fool to think it wasn't 80% ability, but these machines are definitely a tool to be reckoned with and good to have. Tomorrow will come some color realism but I can tell already that they're gonna be up to the job and then some. I'd post pics but right now I'm on my faggy lil iPad. If anyone want to see my work please visit twistedimagetattoos.com
    I get my "Whip" today aswell,i have ordered it from Unimax ! Best customer service ever !!!! Sadly the harder clip was not inside of the box but the box was sealed ! Must be a mistake at packing in australia ! But i think i dont need it ! I want to use it mostly as a liner ! Men,that machine is more lighter than the gen 7 an that one is already pretty light !I just give it a short test run and i notice it run on looow volts but i am not sure about the ajustment from the give clip that makes a big difference from soft to hard !But the clip work like a spring from a coil machine ! Nice to hear it works pretty good for linework ! Did you play already around with the soft clip ?I will post a report after a few tattoos !