Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: swashdrive whip

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't played around with the harder clip. Bean using the soft clip only so far. On lining, set the adjustment all the way to 10 and the volts to 7.5 or 7. that worked best for me.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcovell View Post
    Received three Swashdrive Whip machines in the Mail today so I decided to use them exclusively all day today. As luck would have it, bothbof my appointments today were black/grey tattoos. I use silverback premixed usually when use rotary machines because it works for me. Eternal lining and triple black. It took me about 5 mins to get the machine dialed in to where I like it and after that, I must say, this has to be the sweetest liner I've run in a long time. It has a little give that's adjustable, same as most "adjustables" but it has action like a really solid coil machine. Weird, right? So I finish the lines and only had to go over like the first three. Everything else very solid, proportional, and single pass. Even that annoying spot above the tricep in the corner. So be it then. Let's see if these fuckers lay some sweet transitions from a solid black to smooth feathery light gray. Me personally, I do a lot of whipping only with the darker hues. With the lighter ones I'm just punching it in. To make a 6 hour story short, these machines are fucking bad ass. I'm not a fool to think it wasn't 80% ability, but these machines are definitely a tool to be reckoned with and good to have. Tomorrow will come some color realism but I can tell already that they're gonna be up to the job and then some. I'd post pics but right now I'm on my faggy lil iPad. If anyone want to see my work please visit twistedimagetattoos.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    I get my "Whip" today aswell,i have ordered it from Unimax ! Best customer service ever !!!! Sadly the harder clip was not inside of the box but the box was sealed ! Must be a mistake at packing in australia ! But i think i dont need it ! I want to use it mostly as a liner ! Men,that machine is more lighter than the gen 7 an that one is already pretty light !I just give it a short test run and i notice it run on looow volts but i am not sure about the ajustment from the give clip that makes a big difference from soft to hard !But the clip work like a spring from a coil machine ! Nice to hear it works pretty good for linework ! Did you play already around with the soft clip ?I will post a report after a few tattoos !
    So what do you fellas think of the Whip as compared to the gen7? Seems that a lot of people feel that the motor in the gen7 is way underpowered compared to the gen6. Does the Whip have more 'oomph' in your opinions?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    So what do you fellas think of the Whip as compared to the gen7? Seems that a lot of people feel that the motor in the gen7 is way underpowered compared to the gen6. Does the Whip have more 'oomph' in your opinions?
    In my opinion you cant compare the "Whip" with the "Gen 7" !
    Its totaly different and it has a lot of power on lower volts !
    The owner manuell says you shoud not run the machine with the soft clip over 8 volts !
    I just can tell more after using it a while !

Post Thanks / Like
    When i saw the video from the whip i saw there is another clip (hard)inside the box but in my box just fit in the machine ?
    I checkt out the unimax site again and they show the same as my box,not enough space for the clip !
    I dont get the hard clip,anybody too ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    When i saw the video from the whip i saw there is another clip (hard)inside the box but in my box just fit in the machine ?
    I checkt out the unimax site again and they show the same as my box,not enough space for the clip !
    I dont get the hard clip,anybody too ?
    Sorry,it was my mistake !
    The size of the box are the same but when i opend it its looks like it wont fit it !
    Anyway it was not inside !
    DSCF6373.jpgDSCF6369.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    SpongeBob.jpg Did this today with the Whips. Really good for color packing. Used them all day yesterday for black/grey. Had a customer come back today that i worked on yesterday just so i could see if he was sore or anything else. Smooth as a babies ass. Looks healed already,...kinda. Anyways thumbs up, this Auzzie knows his stuff.
    Jeff Covell
    Twisted Image Tattoo Studio
    twistedimagetattoos.com

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you should call unimax, Zapp. Tell them you got a box that was missing the clip. Maybe they will send you one? or try to contact Swash since the box was sealed. I think they are on the forum.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i dont need the hard clip but i have send Tony a e-mail and wait whats happend ! Unimay has nothing to do with it,but i am sure if i ask them they would help me for sure !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    good looking tattoo
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    i love the look of this machine. so much cool stuff coming out at the moment.