Post Thanks / Like

Stigma Prodigy 10watt - Big vibrations?

Hey Dudes and dudets.

I recently purchased a Stigma Prodigy with a 10watt motor, i find it VERY vibrating. Too much if you ask me.
    I actually bought it because i heard so good about it for shading and even heard about it as a good rotary liner.
    But as said i find it VERY vibrating.

It throws in color like a mother.....
    But soft shading - black and grey, is not what i would imagine i would use it for.. As it throws color in very massive. Hard to build up a light soft shade IMO.

Also, as a liner - I cant see it should be a good thing with a very vibrating machine.

I normally line with coils, but ive lined with a Stigma Bizzarre also, and made shading with it also. Beautiful for both, soft and nice machine - its a 4,5 watt motor.

Now im wondering, have anyone of you got the Prodigy with 4,5 watt motor? Or the new 5.5 brushless? And if so, how is it doing with vibrations?
    (And is there others here that use the prodigy with 10watt engine, then please do give me your feedback on this machine also?)

Greetings from Copenhagen Denmark.
    Toretto

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think all machines vibrate a bit ...
    power/torque/inertia/speed
    that being said , if u put it next to a coil , a rotary has no vibration
    imho

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    man,work 8 hours per day in a factory using a DRILL, this is vibrations....

4. Like AltarVinz, Jack Steel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a long stroke with the prodigy you could be maxing out its range of motion and the vibration could be coming from the slide hitting the body of the machine. I have a prodigy with all the motor options and mine runs really smooth up to 4mm of stroke... after that it vibrates and makes a ton of noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack Steel.

Yeah, must be something wrong with mine then - cause it actually vibrates more than both my Workhorse and my Timemachine - coils ��

Asa
    I have the medium stroke excenter on mine.
    only have the 10 watt. but maybe ill try to buy the new 5.5 brushless.
    whats ur opinion om that one versus the "old" 4,5w?

Post Thanks / Like
    Stigma's customer service is great. Get in touch with them and they'll fix it up. They even rebuilt my old bizarres though they no longer produce them. They are quick too, so your machine won't be away from your shop for too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have vibrations when i'm using big liners,over 9l,anyway i'm using disposable grips,not a problem with the rest of needles

Post Thanks / Like
    10 w motors causes too much vibrations. That's why I don't buy Stigma's anymore ! Amen, beast, prodigy they're is no real improvment done compared to hyper and bizarre models. At least not to work with them. And don't tell me about their sponsored artists. It's about money. You can give them a chinese 20$ machines they will still make outstanding tattoos.

And really my fk irons, Sailor Kea, S. Cifferi have way less vibrations than 10w powered stigmas
    Last edited by AltarVinz; 07-10-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that you get more vibrations if you have some give on it, also I dont think you'll ever need more thant 8.3 volts to do color packing, or anything. try to low your volts, and it runs like a dream. I've been using them for 3 years with regular neddles and carts. its a awesome machine.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 4.5 motor is very strong-i run mine with carts and it runs very smooth-to me these machines seem to work better with carts. Most rotary dont even have a 4.5 watt motor and when they do are made for carts. Infact the stock 4.5 runs tighter tension hawk carts the best.It seems to cut down on the noise and vibrations and really lets you open the motor up. I can only imagine that the 10 watt would only be use full for large standard mags like 23 and up and hawk carts with large groups.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing