Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne - Spirit VS Thunder.

Whats your opinion about those two machines people?

I mainly wanna buy one because of the cartridge system.
    As i heard with a half ear, the spirit would be best for soft shading - B&G.
    And the thunder would be best for lining.
    dont know if its true?
    Also heard that they run best with cheyennes own pow,supply and using it with other supplys might cause problems. dont know if thats true either..
    Im using a Hurricane supply, and i really like it - would hate to see it go as i also thing cheyennes pow.supply looks like crap tbh..
    im on the hunt for a cartridge machine that does both lining and shading - B&G.

so whats ur 50 cents on those 2 wonderfull machines?

Post Thanks / Like

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want my honest opinion buy the spectra edge, because it is capable of going from 2.8 to 3.6 to 4.2 you actually have more than a thunder or a spirit all one machine that can adjust its hit on the fly. It has a better motor system then the Cheyenne series and it uses RCA connections which is way better so there is no question. Buy a Spectre edge and kill two birds with one stone.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 2 cents. The Cheyenne thunder and spirt tattoo way nicer than the edge. I really want to like the edge.... but it just doesn't tattoo as nice. It's not as smooth as the thunder it has a vibration that isn't that big of a deal but can be annoying if you're used to a Cheyenne. It feels underpowered somehow as well... the thunder lines like a Lazer and the edge I find myself constantly tinkering trying to make it line as nice as the thunder. The give on my edge is defective or something because it basically doesn't work. I still have my original hawk cable and it's never shorted out with years of use.... I go through an rca cord every month.. Cheyenne equipment has something special I can't find in other machines. I've tried a lot and I always end up back with the thunder for everything.. it lines shades packs with ease.

5. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    sadly I find myself having to agree with asA. I was waiting for the edge with so much anticipation, dont get me worong, it s a great machine, but I find as well that the thunder is unbeatable still

7. Thanks asA thanked for this post.
    Like asA liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it think it has to do with the hawks being a tru direct drive and the thin bar..

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing