Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone! im Mike currently in Denver, Co!

Hello ladies and gents! Im Mike.

brief history about myself- I have been an artist my whole life, I was accepted to a couple Art colleges but was caught up in streets, I was a painter and sold my work on the streets and in tourist districts for a while in my 20s, gave up on my art for about 10 years , but thru a twist of fate, I ended up deciding to start tattooing after I went back to prison in 2010. That year I spent in prison I drew everyday just trying to get back my old skills. I got my sentence reconsidered and was given a tattoo kit and I started tattooing on myself. Now I know that this was all wrong and wish i would have gone through the apprenticeships I was offered years ago, but this is me.,

I scratched for a month, and luckily I ended up in a shop somehow. Now I know that it was a hack shop and they went out of business, but it was my first experience. Ive worked in a few different shops now, but Ive been pushing myself by gathering info all over. I have countless dvds from all the greats, and have joined other forums.I have gone to a few conventions out of state, and I just finished a mentorship program with a renowned tattooer and am going to stay on with him for another mentorship program.

Im mainly a coil user but I do own a Bishop and am working at converting over. I really love the accuracy I get with rotaries and weight of course. Im hoping to learn more about them on here, so I can make better educated decisions regarding my next rotary machine purchases.

I really hope people can look past my past, and how I got into tattooing.

I love tattooing and I really believe I would be dead or still locked up if tattooing never chose me.

BTW Im a full custody father or a 5 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

I am also hoping for some critiques of my work, Im on instagram as @michaelmyerstattoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome bro! Good to have another Colorado artist here

3. Thanks michaelmyerstattoo thanked for this post.
    Like michaelmyerstattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bustitout! Im really hoping to network with some other local CO artists, everyone I know here hates on each other, it is really sad. I want to start traveling soon and Im hoping it isnt that way everywhere.

5. Like bustitout liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Michael.. nice story bro.. we all (or lots of us) could have done things better, or had better foundations in the craft, however, the main thing is that we try everyday to push ourselves to higher levels, respect ourselves, each other and of course the people we work on.. That, coupled with an honest respect for this incredible industry will I think, always put you right.
    This forum is a jewel in the land of the interwebz.

7. Thanks michaelmyerstattoo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If most of us were honest we started in a similar fashion. Welcome aboard and from a dad to another, high five.

9. Thanks michaelmyerstattoo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning from Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks michaelmyerstattoo thanked for this post.