Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just got an old galaxy note on craigslist and i love it. i really dont need high resolution because anything i do digitally, i just use for tattoo or painting/drawing reference. and its quick and has touch response and the stylus is nice. i have a new ipad and im about to sell it because i love the galaxy way way way better. its cheap and really unless you're putting out a book or actually selling digital prints or something, its perfect. my 2. probably never buy a wacom though id like to, but realistically, im not gonna be doing commercial digital art. Attachment 27157 this was the very first one i did on the galaxy. front of a new business card

note 10.1 old model.

2. Like eduki liked this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried the Nvidia shield? It comes with its own software; Dabbler which is supposedly watercolour and oil painting and seems to have all the touch sensitive stuff built in plus when you are bored its pretty damn good for games lol!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely the way to go is a Wacom cintiq companion, not the companion hybrid. The Hybrid can double as a screen when you plug it in to the computer, but when used alond it is an android tabled and cannot run photoshop. Photoshop is really the only program you'll ever need. You can try other shit, but eventually you will just be working your way up to photoshop.
    The Competitor really is the Microsoft Surface pro, the main difference being the larger border on the cintiq (which is basically for resting your hand on while you draw) and programable buttons.
    These tablets differ from other tablets in the programability and pressuer sensativity, and the fact that they are windows 8 and not Android OS.
    I'm starting a shop and Will be buying a Cintiq for the shop for sure. At this point, I think it is vital. If you want to get your toe wet however you can get a Wacom intuos5 at best buy for like $350 or cheaper online. It is a little difficult to get over the hand eye coordination exercises that you can do that will get you over that in a week. The advantages are that it is a lot cheaper, your monitor is probably bigger than a tablet screen and your hand is not in the way.
    Just something I've had a lot of experience with in the last couple of years.
    I think I'm going to do some videos on digital topics like this if anyone is interested.
    Mickey Schlick
    Mickeyschlick.com ---- Anything from skin to steel

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was my dilemma for quite a few years since the first cintiq came out. I recently ordered the Cintiq companion, although it's a good device and perhaps one of the best portables, I felt like it was too heavy for needs on the go. I also have some Wacom pens for the iPad but they are still far from being ok. I wish I can get all the features of the Cintiq on an iPad. That would satisfy all my drawing needs on the go.

I am about to get a surface Pro. I think that might be the best of both worlds even thought you don't get all the levels of sensitivity as the ones you get with the Cintiq but being able to draw, launch SolidWorks and do minor 3D would be a home run for me. I am hoping Wacom can come up with a more accurate pen for the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the cintiq companion and sent it back, it's screen is far to small for the size of companion, it lags when using large brushes on photoshop, it's got not enough ram which it shares with the graphics card, not enough usb ports and for £1500 far to over priced. The new Companion is out soon, but yet again it lacks in usable screen size because they don't take the screen up to the edge it has two large boarders, they have upped the ram size and made some other options but again it's not hitting all the marks....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    This was my dilemma for quite a few years since the first cintiq came out. I recently ordered the Cintiq companion, although it's a good device and perhaps one of the best portables, I felt like it was too heavy for needs on the go. I also have some Wacom pens for the iPad but they are still far from being ok. I wish I can get all the features of the Cintiq on an iPad. That would satisfy all my drawing needs on the go.

I am about to get a surface Pro. I think that might be the best of both worlds even thought you don't get all the levels of sensitivity as the ones you get with the Cintiq but being able to draw, launch SolidWorks and do minor 3D would be a home run for me. I am hoping Wacom can come up with a more accurate pen for the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    have you tried the adobe ink and slide? http://www.adonit.net/adobe-ink-slide/
    I don't have an ipad anymore. i have the cintiq companion and a surface pro 3. my surface isn't very impressive with ps. glossy screen sucks and the pressure sensitivity sucks too. good for work, but not for finished paintings. the companion is heavy and a beast but the fact that you can completely shut off the touch and zoom 3200% makes it a lot better for me anyway. also, the surface kickstand slowly closes while trying to paint and it's super annoying. i like the companion solid adjustable stand way better.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i broke in and bought a surface pro today. I am liking it so far. I do not want it for high end painting or anything like that. What I do the most is sketch, and do some solidwork while im omn the road. I installed SolidWorks and I am pretty impressed. Haven't messed with anytying too complicated yet.

Drawing, is pretty accurate to me, for what the table is.
    Super light and portable is what I was looking for.

The levels of sensitivity are not bad for what I was looking for neither so so far it has been working great for me.

It is def not a replacement for a desktop cintiq but I prefer to sacrifice a few features in order to be able to carry just one device for all my graphic needs on the road.

Now, if Apple would just release a Phablet with Pen....I'm sure the rest will be history.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

9. Like nedhardly, Dreviltattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think the best tablet is the Samsung note they now do a 12.1, the screen was designed for them by wacom hence the small nip stylus. Only problem is it runs android so no poser, photoshop or zbrush. But it has got other programs which are good. I work from my note 10.1 all time. Easy to carry and a good stand makes to easy to see my reference, zoom in or out no more crap print offs.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a photoshop express for Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...psmobile&hl=en
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    I run photoshop touch on my Galaxy Note 12.2 and love it. New to me though!