Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a macbook and an older macbook pro.. I run Adobe CS2 (the free unsupported version) which for the limited applications I use it for it works reasonably well..
    I like the look of the Wacom Intuos control pads.. they'd let me continue working with my macs and give me the added controllability to start drawing/designing in Photoshop or Sketchbook pro (which also looks to be a very good option). However.. my main problem with the Intuos is the disconnection between your hand and eye... How does this reflect in reality?
    I'm pretty much sold on the Intuos Pro version for all its specs... But that hand/eye thing??......

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I had the Surface pro for a few days and I like it so far for one thing: Sketch Book Pro. I completely dislike PCs :/
    It's really hard as a mac user to even consider a PC tablet for decent work. I just hope Apple would come up with a solution to this

I also received today an Adonit Jot Touch with Pixel Point Stylus, that promises to have most of the issues that other stylus have with the Ipad.
    It has over 2000 levels of sensitivity and seems to have the stair casing issue when making diagonal lines solved.
    I will Try it today and see whats up.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Well I had the Surface pro for a few days and I like it so far for one thing: Sketch Book Pro. I completely dislike PCs :/
    It's really hard as a mac user to even consider a PC tablet for decent work. I just hope Apple would come up with a solution to this

I also received today an Adonit Jot Touch with Pixel Point Stylus, that promises to have most of the issues that other stylus have with the Ipad.
    It has over 2000 levels of sensitivity and seems to have the stair casing issue when making diagonal lines solved.
    I will Try it today and see whats up.
    oh I soo hear you man! like I say I really like the look and specs of the Intuos... I already have two macs so do I really need a pc as well??
    I have found a decent price on a Wacom - Cintiq Companion Hybrid but not too sure about them (researching atm)... can they connect to the internet? can they run Sketchbook Pro?
    Edit..... Just been looking at the Adonit Jot Touch with Pixel Point Stylus... could be very good option, and give me the excuse to buy get an iPad .. please let me know if how this works Gaston.....
    btw I presume you can rotate the canvas pretty easily on the iPad in both Photoshop and Sketchbook Pro.. Yes?
    Last edited by ATS; 01-21-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I brought the Wacom cintiq 13hd a few weeks ago, $1000aus, it's a bit tricky to get used to but I havn't used photoshop before.
    The down side is you can only use it plugged into computer which I find inconvenient, it does not have wifi capabilities.
    I would recommend spending the extra and getting the larger 22hd size.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always buy a modbook for 5k lol. I had the older version and it was a tank and they had some issues back then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well. Here is my feedback regarding all Styluses on iPad.
    Aside from the old school fat rubber tip ones, the rest are just garbage.

The Bluetooth technology, capacitive display of iPad and fine point Styluses is nowhere close to the accuracy of the Wacom systems. At least is not just there yet.

All iPad Styluses have the same issues:

- Stair casing issues when drawing curves and diagonal lines.

- Inaccuracy. They are all off by several millimeters from the tip. Super inaccurate when drawing slow.

- Slow performance. Big lag issues.

- Noisy. I could deal with the noise if they work well. But since they don't, noise just makes the issues even more annoying.

-Expensive. I spent over $600 trying them all out. Save yourself some money and just stay away from all fancy fine too styluses. They all offer you something good that make you believe they are the one but they are all the same.

- Adonit makes a big claim about PixelPoint Technology. I don't know if Wacom Ipad styluses use the same technology but they all perform equally as bad.

- Wacom styluses do not deliver the same Wacom experience on the iPad. In fact nowhere close.

Bottom line. If iPad is your thing. Stick to the old fat rubber tip ones. They are as cheap as $5 on Amazon. The difference between the more expensive and less expensive fat tip is just the price and in some cases, quality.

If you are into pro Sketching, Wacom has this dialed in, into a science. I still use my Intuo that I have from several years ago and it's a pleasure to work with. Specially to make stencils of portraits. New Layer Over the image., Zoom in- Zoom out, Trace, hide background image, resize and print!
    Made a mistake? Don't worry.! Just undo!

If you want to be somewhere between portable and home, you can go with a Cintiq Companion. I Personally didn't like it just because of its weight and even though is mic more portable than other Wacom versions I found the need to carry my computer for all my tasks other than sketching. Oh and the kickStand display is horrible. I don't know how they were able to design such an amazing piece and slack on the kickstand. Despite my beef with its weight it does performs amazing. Just not what I'm looking for at the moment.

If you don't do a lot of sketching on the go, invest the same amount of money (or a little more )on a bad ass Wacom desktop system.

If you want something in Between the Cintiq Companion but more portable, the surface pro delivers power, windows operating system and similar results at a much lower price, smaller screen and fewer sensitivity levels.

If you are looking for a super portable, efficient, and powerful setup, Wel...keep waiting because you are in the same boat as I am and no one has delivered something that captures the best of all worlds into one device yet.

My $ .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks ATS thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

What the best grapic tablet for doing stencil,art and realism manipulation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    You could always buy a modbook for 5k lol. I had the older version and it was a tank and they had some issues back then.
    I am really tempted but seem pretty bulky still and expensive . Maybe be the only option for Mac + Wacom fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    If you are into pro Sketching, Wacom has this dialed in, into a science. I still use my Intuo that I have from several years ago and it's a pleasure to work with. Specially to make stencils of portraits. New Layer Over the image., Zoom in- Zoom out, Trace, hide background image, resize and print!
    Made a mistake? Don't worry.! Just undo!

If you want to be somewhere between portable and home, you can go with a Cintiq Companion. I Personally didn't like it just because of its weight and even though is mic more portable than other Wacom versions I found the need to carry my computer for all my tasks other than sketching.
    My $ .02
    Wowsa great feedback Gaston!
    So you use the Intuos??.... Like I've said before, as far as I can see it offers the best specs and keeps me in my known tried and tested (and loved) macs.. It is just the hand/eye coordination that bothers me (don't want to repeat myself).. how does it affect you when you're tattooing, if you draw say 90% of the time on it?
    I've been around the block the last few days researching like a mother.. my bloody head is aching with all the options/jargon/pros/cons/ etc...
    The last option now that I'm also looking at is a cheaper Samsung Galaxy Note..... and run it with Sketchbook Pro.. I don't really need photoshop if I'm honest.. Sketchbook Pro has all that I'd need and more.. The Samsung Notes have quite a bit lower specs tablet wise than the Intuos but at least you draw directly onto the screen..
    Regarding the Wacom Companion.. there's a lot of very mixed reviews about them.. The highlighted part is a major concern for me too...
    There is also the version 2 right around the corner..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I bought a motion Computing tablet pc with built in Wacom screen for less than 150€ on eBay. It isn't crazy fast but for drawing it's fine and it is pressure sensitive. I love drawing directly on the screen and it is better than my iPad Air 2 with Wacom stylus or Adonit stylus ( I have both )
    1st page.. and here could be the perfect solution!!
    looks to be a winner man .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWWH5TtNBw
    So you can do it all on this I reckon.. gonna do some more research on these..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    Wowsa great feedback Gaston!
    So you use the Intuos??.... Like I've said before, as far as I can see it offers the best specs and keeps me in my known tried and tested (and loved) macs.. It is just the hand/eye coordination that bothers me (don't want to repeat myself).. how does it affect you when you're tattooing, if you draw say 90% of the time on it?
    I've been around the block the last few days researching like a mother.. my bloody head is aching with all the options/jargon/pros/cons/ etc...
    The last option now that I'm also looking at is a cheaper Samsung Galaxy Note..... and run it with Sketchbook Pro.. I don't really need photoshop if I'm honest.. Sketchbook Pro has all that I'd need and more.. The Samsung Notes have quite a bit lower specs tablet wise than the Intuos but at least you draw directly onto the screen..
    Regarding the Wacom Companion.. there's a lot of very mixed reviews about them.. The highlighted part is a major concern for me too...
    There is also the version 2 right around the corner..
    I am waiting for a crossbreed to happen between a 15" iPad + a Cintiq + a MacBook Pro. That would be an everyday portable device. One day....