Hybrid View

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. Here is my feedback regarding all Styluses on iPad.
    Aside from the old school fat rubber tip ones, the rest are just garbage.

The Bluetooth technology, capacitive display of iPad and fine point Styluses is nowhere close to the accuracy of the Wacom systems. At least is not just there yet.

All iPad Styluses have the same issues:

- Stair casing issues when drawing curves and diagonal lines.

- Inaccuracy. They are all off by several millimeters from the tip. Super inaccurate when drawing slow.

- Slow performance. Big lag issues.

- Noisy. I could deal with the noise if they work well. But since they don't, noise just makes the issues even more annoying.

-Expensive. I spent over $600 trying them all out. Save yourself some money and just stay away from all fancy fine too styluses. They all offer you something good that make you believe they are the one but they are all the same.

- Adonit makes a big claim about PixelPoint Technology. I don't know if Wacom Ipad styluses use the same technology but they all perform equally as bad.

- Wacom styluses do not deliver the same Wacom experience on the iPad. In fact nowhere close.

Bottom line. If iPad is your thing. Stick to the old fat rubber tip ones. They are as cheap as $5 on Amazon. The difference between the more expensive and less expensive fat tip is just the price and in some cases, quality.

If you are into pro Sketching, Wacom has this dialed in, into a science. I still use my Intuo that I have from several years ago and it's a pleasure to work with. Specially to make stencils of portraits. New Layer Over the image., Zoom in- Zoom out, Trace, hide background image, resize and print!
    Made a mistake? Don't worry.! Just undo!

If you want to be somewhere between portable and home, you can go with a Cintiq Companion. I Personally didn't like it just because of its weight and even though is mic more portable than other Wacom versions I found the need to carry my computer for all my tasks other than sketching. Oh and the kickStand display is horrible. I don't know how they were able to design such an amazing piece and slack on the kickstand. Despite my beef with its weight it does performs amazing. Just not what I'm looking for at the moment.

If you don't do a lot of sketching on the go, invest the same amount of money (or a little more )on a bad ass Wacom desktop system.

If you want something in Between the Cintiq Companion but more portable, the surface pro delivers power, windows operating system and similar results at a much lower price, smaller screen and fewer sensitivity levels.

If you are looking for a super portable, efficient, and powerful setup, Wel...keep waiting because you are in the same boat as I am and no one has delivered something that captures the best of all worlds into one device yet.

My $ .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Thanks ATS thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    If you are into pro Sketching, Wacom has this dialed in, into a science. I still use my Intuo that I have from several years ago and it's a pleasure to work with. Specially to make stencils of portraits. New Layer Over the image., Zoom in- Zoom out, Trace, hide background image, resize and print!
    Made a mistake? Don't worry.! Just undo!

If you want to be somewhere between portable and home, you can go with a Cintiq Companion. I Personally didn't like it just because of its weight and even though is mic more portable than other Wacom versions I found the need to carry my computer for all my tasks other than sketching.
    My $ .02
    Wowsa great feedback Gaston!
    So you use the Intuos??.... Like I've said before, as far as I can see it offers the best specs and keeps me in my known tried and tested (and loved) macs.. It is just the hand/eye coordination that bothers me (don't want to repeat myself).. how does it affect you when you're tattooing, if you draw say 90% of the time on it?
    I've been around the block the last few days researching like a mother.. my bloody head is aching with all the options/jargon/pros/cons/ etc...
    The last option now that I'm also looking at is a cheaper Samsung Galaxy Note..... and run it with Sketchbook Pro.. I don't really need photoshop if I'm honest.. Sketchbook Pro has all that I'd need and more.. The Samsung Notes have quite a bit lower specs tablet wise than the Intuos but at least you draw directly onto the screen..
    Regarding the Wacom Companion.. there's a lot of very mixed reviews about them.. The highlighted part is a major concern for me too...
    There is also the version 2 right around the corner..