Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
Hi Gaston, you went for the big boy haha!
Wacom tablets are part of my everyday work, i had some different versions of them and they are one of the best tools for digital drawing and design. I still having an Intuos 3 which is half of the pressure sensitivity of the actual Intuos but works like a charm and it has more than 9 years, its surface is way better than the actual models in terms of wearing.

I also have the Cintiq Companion, iPad and tried the Samsung tablets. My honest opinion is that, of course Wacom has a very nice reputation and is one of the best brands, but with the Cintiq Companion there is a lot of hype that makes us blind going like crazy for it but for me, after a while has some defects that i consider "no nice" on this very expensive toy.

I like it for refining works on Photoshop and give them the "perfect" look in terms of lights, effects etc...
Of course it offers us the possibility of working with hard to move software for a regular tablet, like Photoshop, Zbrush and many others, but being honest when you require a lot of work to the machine its graphic power isn´t at the same level to the high price. Just enough.

Another thing is.... yes, you can move yourself with it wherever, but... that doesn´t means that you are going to feel comfortable heheh! and of course if you want to use all the capabilities of it, you´ll need the keyboard, which means a desk or a table (forget the idea of painting on bed hahaha it was one of my dreams but it´s heavy and uncomfortable.
One more thing... who says that it doesn´t scratch the surface? Maybe not like crazy, but it does with the use (for 20 bucks you can use a screen protector what gives you a "paper" feeling and it´s mate, i bought one from Amazon, but be very carefull when installing it with all the dust around, cause it´s big

Some other small things make me think that Wacom is on the good way, but not for this time with the Companion (anyone tried the GARBAGE of the speakers sound?) maybe in next generations i am sure that we´ll have a BEAST from Wacom, but for that premium price i expected a premium item on every aspect.

But in my opinion, if you want portability, sensitivity, power, PALM REJECTION (here i look at the iPad) and power enough for 90% of the needs of a tattooist, give it a try to the Samsung tablets. Yo can work with Sketchbook like a pro, it has 2048 sensitivity levels, and the best thing form me is that you can work everywhere, travelling, etc... its portability and ease of use (and the price) are one of the things that makes it worth the money 100%.

I´m a digital tech consumer, and of course i like my Companion, but sometimes when i am using the Galaxy Note 10.1 almost all the time, i look at my Companion, iPad... and i think that they are a nice expensive toys, specially the iPad, which i won´t buy if i already had the Note 10.1 And for sure when the next generation arrives, i´ll sell it ASAP.
To anyone who think that it has limits just take a look outside about what some artists can do with a Note 10.1 ( F.E. tattoo artists like Mr Dist)
By the way he is also a Cintiq owner heheheh
Captura de pantalla 2015-02-11 a la(s) 21.34.34.jpg
Indeed. The companion is still heavy and features the worst stand in the industry. I agree with you Wacom is pretty hyped up and with al the available technology they didn't excelled much with their latest releases. Time to bring 4k display to the tablet. Even and iPad or note has a better display.

The note is on my list of things to buy. I've heard and have seen nothing but good things. That skull of yours came out pretty bad ass.

As far as Ipad goes, I've tried all styluses just to realize how much Bluetooth styluses suck. The only thing I can draw with on an iPad is with the cheap fat tip stylus. It sucks but it's better than Bluetooth ones.

Hopefully, IPad Pro will cover the basis. Despite the claims from Steve Jobs about styluses, check all the patent Apple filed for styluses devices. Rumors say that IPad Pro may be a killer for many companies. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk