Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey..
    after have done some research on companions etc.. i have ended up looking for a 22HD Cintiq..
    i think it will fit my needs for sketching and all .. its about the same pricertag as the companion, but the
    display is bigger and that is what i am going for...

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way... Today I received an email from Wacom about the new cintiq 2...
    The funny thing is that after reading it completely I can't find where are the amazing changes on it, I read about more disk room but not much more...

Gaston, the Note 10.1 has the same system that Waco uses with the pen. It is recognized by the surface once it's close to the screen, so there are no problems resting your hand on it (in the opposite side, the iPad sucks doing this, can't understand how at this point they didn't decide to adopt a similar system, let's see in a near future)

Guys, don't think that "bigger is better" for a nice digital design work. 90‰ of the time that big size means a lot of work for the hand movement, not only painting (menus, etc)
    For me the companion screen size is more than enough

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    By the way... Today I received an email from Wacom about the new cintiq 2...
    The funny thing is that after reading it completely I can't find where are the amazing changes on it, I read about more disk room but not much more...

Gaston, the Note 10.1 has the same system that Waco uses with the pen. It is recognized by the surface once it's close to the screen, so there are no problems resting your hand on it (in the opposite side, the iPad sucks doing this, can't understand how at this point they didn't decide to adopt a similar system, let's see in a near future)

Guys, don't think that "bigger is better" for a nice digital design work. 90‰ of the time that big size means a lot of work for the hand movement, not only painting (menus, etc)
    For me the companion screen size is more than enough
    After reading about the Galaxie Note Pro 12.2" decided to pick one up cheap on eBay. It was a certified refurbished 32g for $369. With all original accessories. Portability to me is a must to keep me going from shop, home, traveling. I'll keep you posted about the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

4. Like eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbel View Post
    hey..
    after have done some research on companions etc.. i have ended up looking for a 22HD Cintiq..
    i think it will fit my needs for sketching and all .. its about the same pricertag as the companion, but the
    display is bigger and that is what i am going for...
    The Cintiq 22 and the Companion are two diff animals the Cintiq line are just displays that will require a computer to operate the software. The companion is a Computer+Tablet combo. The Companion 2 can now be used as a display when hooked up to a computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    After reading about the Galaxie Note Pro 12.2" decided to pick one up cheap on eBay. It was a certified refurbished 32g for $369. With all original accessories. Portability to me is a must to keep me going from shop, home, traveling. I'll keep you posted about the results.

For sure you´ll be more than happy with it.
    Download the sketchbook for Android, usually when purchasing a samsung product, you use to have the Sketchbook extended tools for free At the "Samsung Gifts" Widget on your device.
    Otherwise it´s like 3,90 bucks or so... worths the money. (I paid for it and later i realized that i could have it for free XDD)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my galaxy note 3 or my galaxy note tab 10.1. Both have pressure sensitivity in its spen.

Post Thanks / Like

What the best grapic tablet for doing stencil,art and realism manipulation ?

After trying everything out there basically I came to the conclusion that my Galaxie Note Pro 12.2 is the best investment I have done. I bought one for 400 refurbished. The tablet is as accurate as a cintiq. It uses Wacom technology so you get all the bells and whistles. 1024 pressure sensitivity levels. Although I can only notice 4 levels to be honest. But for my everyday sketching is amazing. I tried it for stenciling with Photoshop Touch and it's amazing. The table comes with a stylus but I went ahead and ordered one from wacom for the Galaxie and it's perfect.

Unless you can get what you need out of all the apps that are out there and need a PC table, the Galaxie Note Pro 12.2 wins in many say over the expensive Wacom Companion. This table will not replace a Cintiq desktop but it will get you everything you need in just 7mm of thickness.

9. Like inkinwi liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    After trying everything out there basically I came to the conclusion that my Galaxie Note Pro 12.2 is the best investment I have done. I bought one for 400 refurbished. The tablet is as accurate as a cintiq. It uses Wacom technology so you get all the bells and whistles. 1024 pressure sensitivity levels. Although I can only notice 4 levels to be honest. But for my everyday sketching is amazing. I tried it for stenciling with Photoshop Touch and it's amazing. The table comes with a stylus but I went ahead and ordered one from wacom for the Galaxie and it's perfect.

Unless you can get what you need out of all the apps that are out there and need a PC table, the Galaxie Note Pro 12.2 wins in many say over the expensive Wacom Companion. This table will not replace a Cintiq desktop but it will get you everything you need in just 7mm of thickness.

Would you recommend this option for a 'on the go' solution? Rather than investing in a companion or a surface pro?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the companion and I love it. I know a lot of people say the screen is to small but I don't find that being the case at all as it is bigger then any sketchbook I have ever had. Sometimes I wish I had gotten a note 12.2 instead because of price and what not but I love having a full PC that runs full photoshop on the go. I am bummed I didn't know the companion 2 was coming out after 3 months of having my first version. Always the case for me. Oh well I still love mine after having it for quite sometime and it fits right in my backpack and I can take it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt the galaxy run full photoshop?