Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I am waiting for a crossbreed to happen between a 15" iPad + a Cintiq + a MacBook Pro. That would be an everyday portable device. One day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    haha .. just thinking about that make my head pop with glee!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an wacom intuos large tablet...i can't remember the price as i've been using it since 2009...but i love it...and its still cheaper than a good tattoo or rotary machine these days.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad news for my pocket. Good news for my future creations. I just preorder a Cintiq QHD. Now I can't wait until is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love a cintiq...but it is way out of my budget...i still very happy with my intuos. I've gotten used to sketching on it. I'm sure you're going to love it Gaston.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistic violence View Post
    I would love a cintiq...but it is way out of my budget...i still very happy with my intuos. I've gotten used to sketching on it. I'm sure you're going to love it Gaston.
    me too, I've been using intuos tablet line since early 2000. I got a Cintiq 13 a few years ago and I found it too bulky and inconvenient at that time.
    They have streamlined the cable situation with the new ones. Less and smaller.

At work I use one of the largest intros and at home one the smallest ones. Time to invest in new equipment for me.

What sealed it for me, is that I've been "Sculpting" a lot of quick ideas for machines and devices right in AutoDesk MudBox.
    It saves me so much time rather than trying to come up with something in solid works.
    It's like sketching in 3D, can't beat it. I can't imagine how much more efficient the Cintiq 27 QHD is going to do my job.

Also, since I've been spending more tattooing recently, I tend to jump right onto the Intuo to design or trace. Hit print and Voila.
    Now I can't imagine how much more streamlined the whole process is going to be drawing directly on the screen.
    Can't wait.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never gotten too much into 3D yet as illustration is my thing...i did try the first z brush...but back then i was pretty bad with computers. I remember when mudbox first came out...i had a couple of excited friends because it was associated with WETA and the Lord of the rings was all the rage. My friends since went back to Z brush. Definitely, being able to draw directly on screen is going to feel more natural. I've always wanted a Cintiq and prayed for a portable one. I then got a questionnaire a few years back from Wacom asking what i would want and what price etc market research questions. I got excited because the questionnaire hinted at the portable cintiq/tablet...now called the cintiq companion. On release I was so dissapointed at its price tag and that people slated its kickstand as useless. I'm still hoping that they will make it more affordable since digital art and tablets are becoming mainstream and more competitors are on the market. I would love a digital station setup at work...but everywhere i have worked always looked down on digital art...but i'm seeing a hell of a lot of tattoo artists now jumping onboard with it now. I suspect being able to sculpt in 3D and owning a 3D printer is going to be a game changer for rotary machine builders. Being able to design anything and print it is going to be amazing...mugs, figurines, vases etc. The endless possibilities...every friend and family member is going to want some custom cool arse shit. When 3D printing goes mainstream...its going to be such a huge deal and it will be really handy to know how to 3D model and design.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Artistic violence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9n1U0t2RgU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rruyZUuNZLA
    This is what I've just bought off eBay 400€ with a stand/keyboard, mine is i5 Quad core 4 x 1.07GHz, 64 GB SSD, 4 GB RAM, Gorilla Glass ect..
    Forum member Darkness has also just bought one with exactly the same specs from the same seller.. I was speaking with him the other day and he was really happy with his.
    I'll let you know how I get on once mine arrives from Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should try MyPaint. It's lightning fast on the older models and free. I am even running Linux off a usb stick and it feels like liquid how fast it is now.

9. Like ATS liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get my motion and works very well and in a very good condition for the price ! I personaly prefer it over my wacom companion but i hat only the androit Version .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Get my motion and works very well and in a very good condition for the price ! I personaly prefer it over my wacom companion but i hat only the androit Version .
    Nice to hear it is working well for you.