Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    Nice to hear it is working well for you.
    This table looks already like a winner versus the Companion and Companion2 which is almost the same thing with same horrific stand!.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I want one, which seller on eBay again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    @Blondon.. search 'Motion Computing' on eBay.. The guy who both myself and Darkness bought from is 'hoppelhase70', I don't know if he has any more , also be aware that if you buy from him (or probably anyone else in a 'foreign' country) there's a likelihood that the OS will be in a language you don't understand and you'll have to change it.. I'm getting my OS changed today by basically reinstalling Windows 7 Pro and choosing English.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ATS

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently got the companion hybrid and love it! I was using a note 10.1 which is still great. I have less hand fatigue with the hybrid because I have somewhere to rest my hand on the side. I go back and forth with sketchbook and photo shop building up my drawings. It is a bit heavy but is way ahead of notes and iPad. Having to hook it up to a computer isn't a big deal as I have photo shop on my home computer and at the shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys..
    i have a cintiq 13HD together with my macbook pro.. I like the thought of carrying the 13HD with me on the go - like the cintiq companion -
    but damn they are pricey.. i think i would rather have my macbook pro modified to a modbook pro X - that would be DAMN nice..
    one powerfull tablet but again its pretty damn expensive..

i have read alot of reviews on the surface pro 3 - but i think all reviews says that it is not to be compared with the Companion...

Post Thanks / Like

What the best grapic tablet for doing stencil,art and realism manipulation ?

Well I got the Cintiq QHD 27
    After playing with it and using several applications like MudBox, Autodesk Sketch Pro and photoshop here is my conclusion.

- This tablet its a bit overpriced in my opinion. Knowing that it's just a display without a built in computer.

- To use this tablet I also got a Mac Mini with fusion drive. More than enough with plenty of power and 8g of ram for under $1000

- I've been using wacom tablets since their first ones. This is my second Cintiq. The first one was a 13" and returned it because it was too much to deal with. About 4-5 cables a huge power source a stand etc. With this one the size and volume just increased since this tablet is 27"

I used almost all Intuos tablets with good results. So jumping to a display tablet always intrigued me.
    However this screen really takes a tolls in your Eyes. I recalibrated the display and that helped the issue but drawing on it for more than 2 hrs can be a problem for some people. With the Intuo I didn't have this issue.

- At a glance you can appreciate a better display. Better colors, better quality, however far away from a Retina display. I think this display its a good display from a regular PC from 8 years ago.

- The fact that they have condensed all the buttons to a wireless remote control makes the drawing experience a lot different since you have an uninterrupted seamless glass surface.
    However I think they put way too many buttons on a small device making having to relearn all your commands again. You can customize them per application.

- weight. It's not too heavy knowing that's a 27"

- the huge cables that come with it are cheap and bulky. I've seen streamlined HDMI and USB that are half of the size than these ones.

- the tablet comes without a stand and without a stand you'll completely destroy your back and neck. I had to order it the next day. However there are several aftermarket stands that won't break the bank account. I went with the Cintiq one to play it safe. But you can out physically rotate the screen with it.

- Stylus experience. Exceptional. But nothing different from previous tablets. Same level of sensitivity. 2000 and change levels.

- this tablet will require a whole desk for it. Something that I have to invest on now and in which its a problem as my place is small.

- the surface is really nice and pleasant to draw on

- Touch Screen Feature: GARBAGE!!!!!! It works from time to time. I paid an extra $500 for it. Useless until they fix it with driver updates. (And if an update will fix the issues)

Overall feedback. Unless you are going to make money with it I wouldn't recommend it if you just want something to do a couple of sketches, sculpting or cad. If hobby is the reason you want to go display go with those affordable ones from eBay you will save money space and the result might be the same. Especially if you don't care for 2000 + levels or pressure.

If wacom is your thing. Wait until the companion 2 gets release next month. They have the starting at 1200 and they are a full fledge PC meaning that you can run other apps and you only need the power cord.

If you never tried a stylus I would recommend getting one of their entry level Intuo that you can easily hook up to your computer via USB. They have wireless ones one.

I may endup returning it as well if I don't manage to get used to the brightness that radiates from it. Even though it's a dull radiation it gets to your brain quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gaston, you went for the big boy haha!
    Wacom tablets are part of my everyday work, i had some different versions of them and they are one of the best tools for digital drawing and design. I still having an Intuos 3 which is half of the pressure sensitivity of the actual Intuos but works like a charm and it has more than 9 years, its surface is way better than the actual models in terms of wearing.

I also have the Cintiq Companion, iPad and tried the Samsung tablets. My honest opinion is that, of course Wacom has a very nice reputation and is one of the best brands, but with the Cintiq Companion there is a lot of hype that makes us blind going like crazy for it but for me, after a while has some defects that i consider "no nice" on this very expensive toy.

I like it for refining works on Photoshop and give them the "perfect" look in terms of lights, effects etc...
    Of course it offers us the possibility of working with hard to move software for a regular tablet, like Photoshop, Zbrush and many others, but being honest when you require a lot of work to the machine its graphic power isnīt at the same level to the high price. Just enough.

Another thing is.... yes, you can move yourself with it wherever, but... that doesnīt means that you are going to feel comfortable heheh! and of course if you want to use all the capabilities of it, youīll need the keyboard, which means a desk or a table (forget the idea of painting on bed hahaha it was one of my dreams but itīs heavy and uncomfortable.
    One more thing... who says that it doesnīt scratch the surface? Maybe not like crazy, but it does with the use (for 20 bucks you can use a screen protector what gives you a "paper" feeling and itīs mate, i bought one from Amazon, but be very carefull when installing it with all the dust around, cause itīs big

Some other small things make me think that Wacom is on the good way, but not for this time with the Companion (anyone tried the GARBAGE of the speakers sound?) maybe in next generations i am sure that weīll have a BEAST from Wacom, but for that premium price i expected a premium item on every aspect.

But in my opinion, if you want portability, sensitivity, power, PALM REJECTION (here i look at the iPad) and power enough for 90% of the needs of a tattooist, give it a try to the Samsung tablets. Yo can work with Sketchbook like a pro, it has 2048 sensitivity levels, and the best thing form me is that you can work everywhere, travelling, etc... its portability and ease of use (and the price) are one of the things that makes it worth the money 100%.

Iīm a digital tech consumer, and of course i like my Companion, but sometimes when i am using the Galaxy Note 10.1 almost all the time, i look at my Companion, iPad... and i think that they are a nice expensive toys, specially the iPad, which i wonīt buy if i already had the Note 10.1 And for sure when the next generation arrives, iīll sell it ASAP.
    To anyone who think that it has limits just take a look outside about what some artists can do with a Note 10.1 ( F.E. tattoo artists like Mr Dist)
    By the way he is also a Cintiq owner heheheh
    Captura de pantalla 2015-02-11 a la(s) 21.34.34.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice posts you guys! loving all the info you are putting out
    Ok so I'm getting set with the J3500 (thanks Darkness you're a pal).. And I'm loving it.. I've tried Sketchbook and like it quite a bit.. but I have also tried Clip Studio Paint and like that even more.. I find it more responsive and the navigation more intuitive..
    The J3500 is pretty heavy esp coupled with the stand and keyboard dock.. but it certainly isn't a deal breaker in that respect..
    I'm so at the beginning of working this way but I think it's going to be a game changer for me.. I love that I can just try things out on the fly.. Undo and go again.. easy..
    so yeah.. Really loving it so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    Hi Gaston, you went for the big boy haha!
    Wacom tablets are part of my everyday work, i had some different versions of them and they are one of the best tools for digital drawing and design. I still having an Intuos 3 which is half of the pressure sensitivity of the actual Intuos but works like a charm and it has more than 9 years, its surface is way better than the actual models in terms of wearing.

I also have the Cintiq Companion, iPad and tried the Samsung tablets. My honest opinion is that, of course Wacom has a very nice reputation and is one of the best brands, but with the Cintiq Companion there is a lot of hype that makes us blind going like crazy for it but for me, after a while has some defects that i consider "no nice" on this very expensive toy.

I like it for refining works on Photoshop and give them the "perfect" look in terms of lights, effects etc...
    Of course it offers us the possibility of working with hard to move software for a regular tablet, like Photoshop, Zbrush and many others, but being honest when you require a lot of work to the machine its graphic power isnīt at the same level to the high price. Just enough.

Another thing is.... yes, you can move yourself with it wherever, but... that doesnīt means that you are going to feel comfortable heheh! and of course if you want to use all the capabilities of it, youīll need the keyboard, which means a desk or a table (forget the idea of painting on bed hahaha it was one of my dreams but itīs heavy and uncomfortable.
    One more thing... who says that it doesnīt scratch the surface? Maybe not like crazy, but it does with the use (for 20 bucks you can use a screen protector what gives you a "paper" feeling and itīs mate, i bought one from Amazon, but be very carefull when installing it with all the dust around, cause itīs big

Some other small things make me think that Wacom is on the good way, but not for this time with the Companion (anyone tried the GARBAGE of the speakers sound?) maybe in next generations i am sure that weīll have a BEAST from Wacom, but for that premium price i expected a premium item on every aspect.

But in my opinion, if you want portability, sensitivity, power, PALM REJECTION (here i look at the iPad) and power enough for 90% of the needs of a tattooist, give it a try to the Samsung tablets. Yo can work with Sketchbook like a pro, it has 2048 sensitivity levels, and the best thing form me is that you can work everywhere, travelling, etc... its portability and ease of use (and the price) are one of the things that makes it worth the money 100%.

Iīm a digital tech consumer, and of course i like my Companion, but sometimes when i am using the Galaxy Note 10.1 almost all the time, i look at my Companion, iPad... and i think that they are a nice expensive toys, specially the iPad, which i wonīt buy if i already had the Note 10.1 And for sure when the next generation arrives, iīll sell it ASAP.
    To anyone who think that it has limits just take a look outside about what some artists can do with a Note 10.1 ( F.E. tattoo artists like Mr Dist)
    By the way he is also a Cintiq owner heheheh
    Captura de pantalla 2015-02-11 a la(s) 21.34.34.jpg
    Indeed. The companion is still heavy and features the worst stand in the industry. I agree with you Wacom is pretty hyped up and with al the available technology they didn't excelled much with their latest releases. Time to bring 4k display to the tablet. Even and iPad or note has a better display.

The note is on my list of things to buy. I've heard and have seen nothing but good things. That skull of yours came out pretty bad ass.

As far as Ipad goes, I've tried all styluses just to realize how much Bluetooth styluses suck. The only thing I can draw with on an iPad is with the cheap fat tip stylus. It sucks but it's better than Bluetooth ones.

Hopefully, IPad Pro will cover the basis. Despite the claims from Steve Jobs about styluses, check all the patent Apple filed for styluses devices. Rumors say that IPad Pro may be a killer for many companies. We'll see!

11. Like eduki liked this post.