Post Thanks / Like

HM La Santa Maria

I bought a La Santa Maria from Roman on Black Friday, first of all:

excellent service, fantastic communication, super fast shipping and Roman is so enthusiastic about what he does. Oh and he hasn't bribed me to write this!

The machine - runs very fast which suits me as my hand moves quickly when doing black and grey. Its also very smooth, pretty much silent and hardly any vibration at all. I run stigma hyper v3's aswell and while they do great at most things they are nowhere near this machine for soft shading. They also seem a bit too light for me. The La Santa Maria has a nice weight to it and feels solid, and I find it very very easy to work with.

I usually use 9 - 15 mags/bugpins and it handles all with no effort at all running at 5 - 6.5v. I can pack solid black in with it and its great for doing colour blending aswell.

Not the most technical of reviews but hope its useful, obviously we all work differently but for me this machine is fantastic.

When the machine arrived I fired it up straight away and did this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. I have a few of Romans machines as well and they are definitely some of the sturdiest and most well made machines that I have ever owned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, very well made. I have my eye on another two of his machines for this year and that will be me sorted!