Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neumas

Post Thanks / Like

Neumas

Are they even being made anymore? They were the hype that was going to change tattooing, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    They did how many people are using rotaries

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

Post Thanks / Like

Neumas

Hey they are/were great machines. I especially liked the hybrids with the motor packs. Also the give plugs made it a very versatile machine.

No they aren't made anymore, they have been knocked off by the Chinese however I doubt that the chine motor module is worth having.
    Last edited by OwlsDen; 01-21-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that numas were one of the first high end rotaries that changed the game in a way wich made it more of a tool and not necessarily about the craft of knowing your equipment

Post Thanks / Like
    Carson Hill created a great set of Machines with the Neumann N2 and Neumann Hybrid, I own them both, but even with the so called "Silent Compressors" it's just not super easy to use them in a studio, I still think they're pretty damn loud....at least the compressor is, the machines themselves sound off with a high audible pitch like a dentists drill, but that never bothered me, it was the low rumbling and air release noise from my Expensive Jun-Air Medical grade Compressor that annoyed me. When using Neumas I was always getting complimented on how much less it hurt and how quick and easy the work healed, personally I think it all hurts the same for the most part, but if the customer says it was a nicer experience, why not let them keep thinking that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2

Post Thanks / Like

This was my setup when I was using Neumas for every day drivers. I even had a modified footswitch that would cut off air flow when the pedal was released.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked the neumas. Esp the hybrids. What turns me off to n e machine though is the lack of customer service. Carson just dropped off the face of the earth basically n really didn't care n e more for the ppl or the machines that prob made him some real decent money. I contacted him about my neuma n his emails were short n cryptic at times until they just stopped. If u don't want to keep the business u started going or there were circumstances that stopped u from continuing, it would at least been nice for him to tell his customers. They will always b the catalyst for the rotary boom in my opinion n I really hope one day he comes back to it all n continues with the neuma. It's just unfortunate when u feel as if certain builders/companies r just a cash n grab type situation n u feel taken. There r so many stories as to y neumas just ended. It would b nice to know the real reason. I guess though now, it doesn't even matter. R.i.p. Neuma. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it does suck that they kind of stopped out of nowhere, I always kept up with Carson's social media sites...so I assumed the death of Neuma was a combination of having their design ripped off, and Carson's skydiving accident, he was injured really bad, his leg was in one of those halo things with rods and screws...pretty gnarly.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used them for a solid two years and had the same reactions from my customers as B.C. I sort of miss using them now even though ive had a few bishops for a few years now. just need a supply of the smaller hoses. i have an extra compressor still that is brand new for sale.